PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Over the hill women and new washing machines
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:20 pm 

I try to be a good person, I really do [eng1.gif]

But there are times when I'm close to going all "stabby" and this is one of them :snooty:

An old friend of mines wife called me. Her washing machine was making a funny noise and I poped around. Right enough the silly old cow had over loaded her 10 year old hotpoint machine once too often and the bearings had gone. It sounded like a 747 taking off even without the spin :wall:

So I spend a day going thru new washing machine reviews with her. After 5 hours she finds the one she liked. Ordered a new one over the phone cos she wont used the internet for shopping. Only after getting a discount code online cos I never pay full price :rarrr:

The machine turns up at 730am on a weekday and I'm called in to install and test.

The first problem:

The company she ordered from take's the old washing machine for free.....her old machine was still there. Had to move the old one into the garden and a friend will take it to the tip. [9n5.gif]

Her best mate was there cos "directing" the work :rolleyes:

It's all set up and working and I head home.

I get a call today from her "This new machine isn't every good". Back down there I go :think:

After checking the machine, she shows the problem and what's she doing :peekaboo:

Looking at the load she placed into the machine.... it was close to 10kg in an 8kg machine :whistle:

As I watch her tipping more water into the machine using the soap draw... I ask her why she was doing it. "Cos there not enough water in it" [confused1.gif]

Then the washing machine tablets won't dissolve cos the water temperature is below 20C on the wash program :blink:

Just so the rest of you batty old women know.

The new AAA washing machines are designed to run efficiently. Teams of people have spend years working on this too. You don't need to add extra water [spank.gif]

Washing machine tablets are crap. Stick to powder or liquids [thumbsup.png]

Never overload the machine. Better to run it twice than load overload.

And let the machine do its thing, you don't need to increase the temperature or spin.

I'm sure I will get another call.....she still have trouble mastering the microwave :whistle:

Post subject: Re: Over the hill women and new washing machines
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:10 am 
Person of Interest

Mr Fishy wrote:
I try to be a good person, I really do [eng1.gif]

But there are times when I'm close to going all "stabby" and this is one of them :snooty:

An old friend of mines wife called me. Her washing machine was making a funny noise and I poped around. Right enough the silly old cow had over loaded her 10 year old hotpoint machine once too often and the bearings had gone. It sounded like a 747 taking off even without the spin :wall:

So I spend a day going thru new washing machine reviews with her. After 5 hours she finds the one she liked. Ordered a new one over the phone cos she wont used the internet for shopping. Only after getting a discount code online cos I never pay full price :rarrr:

The machine turns up at 730am on a weekday and I'm called in to install and test.

The first problem:

The company she ordered from take's the old washing machine for free.....her old machine was still there. Had to move the old one into the garden and a friend will take it to the tip. [9n5.gif]

Her best mate was there cos "directing" the work :rolleyes:

It's all set up and working and I head home.

I get a call today from her "This new machine isn't every good". Back down there I go :think:

After checking the machine, she shows the problem and what's she doing :peekaboo:

Looking at the load she placed into the machine.... it was close to 10kg in an 8kg machine :whistle:

As I watch her tipping more water into the machine using the soap draw... I ask her why she was doing it. "Cos there not enough water in it" [confused1.gif]

Then the washing machine tablets won't dissolve cos the water temperature is below 20C on the wash program :blink:

Just so the rest of you batty old women know.

The new AAA washing machines are designed to run efficiently. Teams of people have spend years working on this too. You don't need to add extra water [spank.gif]

Washing machine tablets are crap. Stick to powder or liquids [thumbsup.png]

Never overload the machine. Better to run it twice than load overload.

And let the machine do its thing, you don't need to increase the temperature or spin.

I'm sure I will get another call.....she still have trouble mastering the microwave :whistle:

I'll get Mrs D to have a look at this. I don't bother meself with such stuff. :crazy:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:44 pm 

Wait until you have to buy a new one. Prices have increased by a 1/3 since brexit started [9n5.gif]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:18 pm 

It's in the boat yard [eng1.gif]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:59 am 
Person of Interest

Mr Fishy wrote:
It's in the boat yard [eng1.gif]

Your Sister...or the tin-can?
Surely not both?
You rubbed down her bottom yet? [rofl02.gif]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:35 pm 

My sister return to the pasture were she belongs :winedrinker:
The tin can being fitted out with a Torqeedo engine and batteries.
Gas heating and hot water system.
Disable access and a few other things. :rolleyes:

Then off to its winter mooring at 500 pounds per month :crying:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:18 pm 
Person of Interest

Can't you tie it to a tree on the canalbank.
That will save you, oooH, 500 per month.

[ 7 posts ]