PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: So why are they all against the Brexit deal?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:34 am 
Odin

tiggy wrote:
Apparently Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has told the EU that Ireland won’t be putting up a hard border, as this would cause hardship within his own country...

Nice to see the Dáil Éireann backing their government and arguing with other EU leaders who want the hard border...

Trouble at t’ mill...

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

Another brilliant speech from Theresa May this afternoon. I was lucky enough to see it from start to finish and not just the parts the media are likely to focus on. Unfortunately I was also able to watch Jeremy Corbyns reply in full. He remains a tit. I now pray to god the vote doesn't go the way of Yvette Coopers amendment (or any amendment that might drag this debate on further than March 29th). Its time to get behind Theresa and stop all this pussyfooting around.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:20 pm 
Odin

I’ve given up watching Corbyn and BBC’s biased reporter, Laura Kuenssberg...

I like Yvette Cooper and would have voted for labour, had she been in charge. But this amendment is not what the majority of the UK, who voted to leave the EU, want..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:28 am 
Person of Interest

""So why are they all against the Brexit deal?""

Well, they're not now...are they. She won by just 16 votes today for her much mucked about plan and therefore has the authority of the British Parliament, not a thing to take lightly, to re -negotiate in Brussels for a deal.

Brussels has said 'NEVAIR.' So we will see?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:06 am 

The endless stream of horrid stories such as food shortages and marshal law seem to come right out of V for vendetta [rofl02.gif]

I watched the votes on amendments and showboating live. Nothing really changed in 6 months on Brexit. There no new deal, no sign of a new deal or hope of a new deal.

The EU is acting like an occupying power reminisce of Russia and the old Warsaw pact in the months after the fall of the Berlin wall. Unable to grasp the reality of the situation. The idea is reinforced by all those in parliament and in the media drumming up support to remain. Echoing the sounds of many behind the iron curtain calling for closer links with Russia after the fall of the Berlin wall.

I'm not sure if the UK will entra a new golden age or fall flat on its face.

What I can say is: we'll get thru this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:21 pm 
Person of Interest

It is the grocers who complain most, and those in business, about no deal.It may well be tough for a time, but we don't know that. Just as we know that a crash out might be awful even though to some it could come as a huge patriotic surge.
No deal may mean a period of belt tightening, it may mean that people have to work harder, be more productive, more entrepreneurial:but we have always been that.
It may. We don't know but, judging on our past history, we'll do OK!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:57 pm 
Odin

It’ll be the politicians who’ll be complaining the most in the result of a No Deal, as they’ll have to start working for a living...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:33 pm 
Site Admin

Dong wrote:
It is the grocers who complain most, and those in business, about no deal.It may well be tough for a time, but we don't know that. Just as we know that a crash out might be awful even though to some it could come as a huge patriotic surge.
No deal may mean a period of belt tightening, it may mean that people have to work harder, be more productive, more entrepreneurial:but we have always been that.

I watched a couple of news reports on the BBC yesterday. One about the effects Brexit might have on onions sent from Holland, the other about tomatos grown in Spain, both for British supermarkets and both explaining the (potential) disastrous effects of no deal on their produce. I then visited my local supermarket and surprise surprise, strawberries from Eqypt, grapes from Nairobi, cherry tomatos from Marocco and bananas all the way from sunny Brazil. Non of these countries are part of the EU and non of them have special trade agreements to be able to ship their produce. But guess what, they still manage to get their fresh products on the tables of British familys.

The more politicians and businesses claim that no deal will be a disatour for Britain the more I want it to happen. Just to show them what a load of bollocks they're talking.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:36 pm 
Site Admin

Oh and did anyone see Nigel Farages speech to the EU on Wednesday? Quite fantastic it was. He must be the only politician to openly back the UK and speak his mind openly and honestly. For that alone he should be knighted.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:40 pm 

fastcars wrote:
Dong wrote:

I watched a couple of news reports on the BBC yesterday. One about the effects Brexit might have on onions sent from Holland, the other about tomatos grown in Spain, both for British supermarkets and both explaining the (potential) disastrous effects of no deal on their produce. I then visited my local supermarket and surprise surprise, strawberries from Eqypt, grapes from Nairobi, cherry tomatos from Marocco and bananas all the way from sunny Brazil. Non of these countries are part of the EU and non of them have special trade agreements to be able to ship their produce. But guess what, they still manage to get their fresh products on the tables of British familys.

The more politicians and businesses claim that no deal will be a disatour for Britain the more I want it to happen. Just to show them what a load of bollocks they're talking.

a brexit disatour [confused1.gif] wish we could just leave and then worry about onions

[ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next