NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Scandal in the Arts
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:18 pm 
Succubus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukio_Mishima

I have a few of his books in my shop. He was a Japanese author who shocked the world in 1970 when he commited suicide by hari kari along with a colleague.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:57 am 
FireStarter

A man of contradictions without a doubt.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:54 pm 
FireStarter

Hells Granny wrote:
It was a long time ago when I saw that Eks, I need to watch it again. In the meantime what do you think of this vid...thought he did a good job!

You can listen to it with sound now!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:46 am 

Anything on bbc4 just lately :snooty:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:05 pm 
FireStarter

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:20 pm 
FireStarter

Elizabeth Taylor was married 8 times when asked why she said " I am a very committed wife and I should be committed"

Marrying Richard Burton twice remains part of the Taylor legend. But it was her romance with Eddie Fisher that proved the most controversial. Brangelina had nothing on her.

Taylor married mega-producer Mike Todd in 1957. She became widowed when Todd perished in a plane crash barely one year into their marriage. The tragedy earned Todd the sad distinction of being the only husband Taylor did not divorce. The turn also provided Todd’s close pal, singer Eddie Fisher, the opportunity to console Taylor. Despite Fisher’s marriage with actress Debbie Reynolds, sympathy went the way of amour, and Liz and Eddie said “I do” the following year.

The Taylor-Fisher wedlock became unlocked within five years when Taylor came across Richard Burton, and Reynolds eventually forgave Taylor.
listverse.com

Love her in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:21 pm 
FireStarter

(7) Larry Fortensky (1991-1996). A lowly construction worker! So out of her league! He must have thought, "I can't believe I'm drilling Liz Taylor!"

(6) John Warner (1976-1982). A Republican! That's almost as low as a construction worker! What was she thinking?

(5) Conrad Hilton, Jr. (1950-1951). Nine unhappy months. Hilton relationships never last. Look at Paris.

(4) Michael Wilding (1952-1957). One of a string of marriages for both of them. He was another failed father figure for Liz. At least they produced two sons.

(3) Michael Todd (1957-1958). This was the only Liz marriage that didn't end in divorce. But Mike's death by plane crash devastated the screen goddess. The relationship was the real thing -- one of her two top loves of a lifetime.

(2) Eddie Fisher (1959-1964). I loved Eddie -- he crooned "Oh Mein Papa" to my parents and considered me a younger lookalike. And his high-profile marriage to Liz was the scandal of the decade -- the original Brangelina, as it were. He will be legendary for that alone, if not for appearing in Butterfield 8.

(1) Richard Burton (1964-1974 and again 1975-1976). Liz and Dick were so hot for each other they married twice! They were a great couple, with lots of fiery fighting and passionate making up; tons of jewelry, booze, suspicions, traveling, and Here's Lucy appearances. In all their unquenchable tabloid appeal, they proved that a real relationship is much better p.r. than a fake one. No one from High School Musical could ever top them.
villagevoice.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:40 pm 
FireStarter

Hells Granny wrote:
Anne Perry

Anne Perry famous for her detective novels and, with her best friend Pauline Parker, murdering Parker's mother.

In New Zealand 1954, Anne (then Juliet Hulme) and her best friend Pauline Parker were found quilty of battering Honora Rieper to death with a brick, in a stocking, Because of their age, 15 and 16, they were held at the discretion of the Justice Minister and released after approximately 5 years with the condition they never have any contact with each other again. Anne eventually made her home in Scotland.

Been meaning to update this for a while...

So now we know what happened to Anne Perry but what about Pauline Parker? Well, she ended up, under another name, in Kent UK and worked at a special needs school. She also ran a riding school.... after her retirement she lived a deeply religious and solitary life with no intention of talking about the past.

I'm still curious as to whether they had any contact with each other!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:13 pm 
FireStarter

ALFALFA

The Little Rascals was a series of over 200 comedy shorts featuring over 40 child actors across its run. One of the most popular characters was Alfalfa, a freckled boy with a cowlick on the top of his head. Hardly the scene for one of the great Hollywood scandals of the time!

Carl Switzer, the actor who played Alfalfa, struggled as an adult. He started drinking, his marriage fell apart, and in 1959, he was gunned down trying to collect a $50 debt. Moses Stiltz, the man who shot Switzer, pleaded self-defense and was cleared of all charges. However, in 2000, Stiltz’s stepson, Tom Corrigan, came forward claiming that Stiltz had murdered Switzer.

Corrigan claimed that he had agreed to testify after the shooting but was never called. Rumors sprang up that Switzer was such an unpleasant person that police wanted to close his case as soon as possible. His death received little media coverage as he died the same day as famed director Cecil B. DeMille.
listverse.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:07 am 
Anarchist !

aye.. the latest revelation being.. Lana turner did it and blamed her daughter.. been in the papers a lot.. Of course we ken its true.. I was hardly shocked. taken all these years Hells..
he ended up in bed.. wi the daughter..

its like we are meant to ne shocked.

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next