All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Scandal in the Arts
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:13 am 
Anarchist !

naughtymonkey wrote:
rubyred wrote:
you a lover of Hollywood Babylon Gran ?

I'm saying nothing Granny...My lips are sealed, lol.

what what what !! tis a great book nd its under my bed somewhere along with the " meaning of Liff" and several hundred Ruth rendall/lynda la plantes and Val macdairmids !

and talking of literature i saw you go a paltry 4 on the laangstraat chalenge,, against my might 8 !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:15 am 
Brainiac

rubyred wrote:
naughtymonkey wrote:
rubyred wrote:
you a lover of Hollywood Babylon Gran ?

I'm saying nothing Granny...My lips are sealed, lol.

what what what !! tis a great book nd its under my bed somewhere along with the " meaning of Liff" and several hundred Ruth rendall/lynda la plantes and Val macdairmids !

I love it Rubes...Have you seen any of Anger's films?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:18 am 
Anarchist !

damm you replied after i edited abuse towards you :) yeah i am au fait with the Laddie Anger LOL..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:42 am 
Brainiac

rubyred wrote:

and talking of literature i saw you go a paltry 4 on the laangstraat chalenge,, against my might 8 !

4 was a fcuking godesnd...all my questions were about Ruth Rendall, Lynda La Plant and Val Macdairmid...Oh and some bint called Catherine Cookson...I hung my head in shame and that was before my points came up...fcuking thing...There better be a movie one.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:23 pm 
FireStarter

Heehee Rubes... Hollywood Babylon is never mentioned between Monks and myself. Ever since I got Babylon2 at a garage sale and promptly cut it up as I was doing some art work with the pics ...he has never forgiven me and that's all I'm going to say about that haaaaaaaaa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:47 pm 
FireStarter

JEAN SEBERG

Jean Dorothy Seberg (November 13, 1938 – August 30, 1979) was an American actress. She starred in 37 films in Hollywood and in France, including Breathless (1960), the musical Paint Your Wagon (1969) and the disaster film Airport (1970).

Jean Seberg is also one of the most well-known victims of FBI COINTELPRO project. Her victimization was rendered as a well-documented retaliation for her support of civil rights and activist groups in the 1960s.

FBI COINTELPRO Investigation
FBI inter-office memo: "... cause her embarrassment and cheapen her image""There is no indication that Richard Wallace ever considered [the Seberg scam] to be anything other than an extremely successful COINTELPRO operation"
During the late 1960s, Seberg provided financial support to various group supporting civil rights, such as the NAACP and Native American school groups such as the Mesquaki Bucks at the Tama settlement near her home town of Marshalltown, for whom she purchased $500 worth of basketball uniforms. She also supported the Black Panther Party.

FBI inter-office memo: "Usual precautions to avoid identification of the Bureau"Support of civil rights movements, and her alleged inter-racial love-affairs caught the notice and ire of the FBI, which used COINTELPRO program techniques in an effort to defame and discredit the well-known actress. Most upsetting was her estimated 10,500 (total estimated) contribution to the Black Panther Party, an event which led to an active FBI program deployment in her direction. The FBI's stated goal was an unspecified "neutralization" of Ms. Seberg per her support of the Black Panthers; all intended to be done while hiding FBI involvement. One stated FBI subsidiary objective was to "cause her embarrassment and serve to cheapen her image with the public", while taking the "usual precautions to avoid identification of the Bureau". The fundamental premise of FBI activity is documented in FBI inter-office memos which have been declassified and released to the public under FOIA.

"Jean Seberg... should be neutralized"In 1970, the FBI created the false story from a San Francisco-based informant, that the child she was carrying was not fathered by her husband Romain Gary, but by a member of the Black Panther Party, Raymond Hewitt. The story was eported by gossip columnist Joyce Haber of the Los Angeles Times,. It was also printed byNewsweek magazine. She gave birth to a girl named Nina on August 23, 1970 in Geneva, but the infant died two days later. She held an open casket funeral in her hometown to allow the curious to see the infant's white skin, to disprove the rumors.. FBI organization of the defamation is detailed in a series of FBI memos, released to the public under FOIA.

FBI surveillance, at home and abroadIt should be noted that 'investigation' of Ms. Seberg went far beyond the publishing of defamatory articles. According to her friends, interviewed after her death, Ms. Seberg experienced years of aggressive in-person surveillance, as well as break-ins and other intimidation-oriented activity. FBI files show that not-only was she wiretappeed, but the surveillance even followed her while travelling in Switzerland, [28] France and Italy[ i.e. FBI files show that the FBI cross-contacted the "FBI Legat" (legal attachés) in U.S. Embassies in Paris and Rome, to monitor the actress while abroad; the FBI also provided files on Seberg to the CIA, U.S. Secret Service and U.S. Military intelligence to assist in monitoring Ms. Seberg while travelling abroad. . Newspaper reports after her death make clear Seberg was aware of the surveillance; in 1980, the Los Angeles Times published FBI logs of her Swiss wiretapped phone calls.

Derogatory judgements of SebergFBI files are full of judgmental and derogatory statements about Seberg, i.e. she was referred to as "the alleged promiscuous and sex-perverted white actress". It should be noted that not all the information about her case was released to the public; only the files related to the newspaper articles was released in 1979.
Wikipedia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:05 am 
FireStarter

Peg Entwistle

Surprisingly little-known fact: the famed “HOLLYWOOD” sign that pops up in all of your La-La-Land establishing shots originally read “HOLLYWOODLAND,” to advertise a 1923 real estate development located above the Hollywood hills. It was only intended to be displayed for a year and a half, but it was so widely liked that it stayed up — and there it stood on September 16, 1932, when a struggling actress named Peg Entwistle climbed up the “H” and never climbed down.

A Broadway success who’d come out west to make her fortune in the movies, Entwistle’s big break, Thirteen Women, was a flop, and subsequent offers were not forthcoming. Before she leaped from the famed sign to her death, she left behind a suicide note: “I am afraid, I am a coward. I am sorry for everything. If I had done this a long time ago, it would have saved a lot of pain. P.E.” Legend has it that she was to be offered a major role on the very next day, but that kind of touch is often apocryphal in stories like this — one last, sad twist in the story of a fallen star.
flavorwire.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:11 am 
Site Admin

What a fascinating story. Thanks for that.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:51 pm 
King cosy

brought a tear to my eye that did.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:50 am 
FireStarter

:thumbup:

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next