PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 2
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: PIGS in the ARTS
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:31 pm 
Offline
FireStarter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:08 pm
Posts: 7457
Charlotte's Web

Charlotte's Web is a children's novel by American author E. B. White and illustrated by Garth Williams; it was published in October 15, 1952, by Harper & Brothers. The novel tells the story of a pig named Wilbur and his friendship with a barn spider named Charlotte. When Wilbur is in danger of being slaughtered by the farmer, Charlotte writes messages praising Wilbur (such as "Some Pig") in her web in order to persuade the farmer to let him live.

Written in White's dry, low-key manner, Charlotte's Web is considered a classic of children's literature, enjoyable to adults as well as children. The description of the experience of swinging on a rope swing at the farm is an often cited example of rhythm in writing, as the pace of the sentences reflects the motion of the swing. In 2000, Publishers Weekly listed the book as the best-selling children's paperback of all time.

Charlotte's Web was adapted into an animated feature by Hanna-Barbera Productions and Sagittarius Productions in 1973. Paramount released a direct-to-video sequel, Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Great Adventure, in the U.S. in 2003 (Universal released the film internationally). A live-action film version of E. B. White's original story was released in 2006. A video game based on this adaption was also released in 2006.
wikipedia


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PIGS in the ARTS
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:12 pm 
Offline
Mrs Pepper

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 27816
Babe :biggrin:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PIGS in the ARTS
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:13 pm 
Offline
Mrs Pepper

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:12 am
Posts: 27816
Napoleon in animal farm.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PIGS in the ARTS
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:22 am 
Offline
FireStarter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:08 pm
Posts: 7457
I just love Babe (1 and 2) tried to put a clip up earlier Poli but couldn't get it to work and yeah to Napoleon in Animal Farm, tons of pigs in that...good call.




Old Major – An aged prize Middle White boar provides the inspiration that fuels the Rebellion in the book. He is an allegorical combination of Karl Marx, one of the creators of communism, and Lenin, the communist leader of the Russian Revolution and the early Soviet nation, in that he draws up the principles of the revolution. His skull being put on revered public display recalls Lenin, whose embalmed body was put on display.

Napoleon – "A large, rather fierce-looking Berkshire boar, the only Berkshire on the farm, not much of a talker, but with a reputation for getting his own way". An allegory of Joseph Stalin, Napoleon is the main villain of Animal Farm. In the first French version of Animal Farm, Napoleon is called César, the French form of Caesar, although another translation has him as Napoléon.

Snowball – Napoleon's rival and original head of the farm after Jones' overthrow. He is mainly based on Leon Trotsky, but also combines elements from Lenin.

Squealer – A small, white, fat porker who serves as Napoleon's second-in-command and minister of propaganda, holding a position similar to that of Vyacheslav Molotov.

Minimus – A poetic pig who writes the second and third national anthems of Animal Farm after the singing of "Beasts of England" is banned.

The piglets – Hinted to be the children of Napoleon and are the first generation of animals subjugated to his idea of animal inequality.

The young pigs – Four pigs who complain about Napoleon's takeover of the farm but are quickly silenced and later executed. Based on the Great Purge of Grigori Zinoviev, Lev Kamenev, Nikolai Bukharin, and Alexei Rykov.

Pinkeye – A minor pig who is mentioned only once; he is the pig that tastes Napoleon's food to make sure it is not poisoned, in response to rumours about an assassination attempt on Napoleon.
wikipedia


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PIGS in the ARTS
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:23 am 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 19524
Location: Valhöll
Hells Granny wrote:
Charlotte's Web

Charlotte's Web is a children's novel by American author E. B. White and illustrated by Garth Williams; it was published in October 15, 1952, by Harper & Brothers. The novel tells the story of a pig named Wilbur and his friendship with a barn spider named Charlotte. When Wilbur is in danger of being slaughtered by the farmer, Charlotte writes messages praising Wilbur (such as "Some Pig") in her web in order to persuade the farmer to let him live.

Written in White's dry, low-key manner, Charlotte's Web is considered a classic of children's literature, enjoyable to adults as well as children. The description of the experience of swinging on a rope swing at the farm is an often cited example of rhythm in writing, as the pace of the sentences reflects the motion of the swing. In 2000, Publishers Weekly listed the book as the best-selling children's paperback of all time.

Charlotte's Web was adapted into an animated feature by Hanna-Barbera Productions and Sagittarius Productions in 1973. Paramount released a direct-to-video sequel, Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Great Adventure, in the U.S. in 2003 (Universal released the film internationally). A live-action film version of E. B. White's original story was released in 2006. A video game based on this adaption was also released in 2006.
wikipedia

I read this book to my son when he was young and thoroughly enjoyed it myself..

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PIGS in the ARTS
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:43 pm 
Offline
Succubus
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 4207
Absolutely loved Carlottes Web. Fell in love with Charlotte and her babies although Im stll not keen on spiders.

_________________
Beauty is not in the face, it is a light in the heart - Kahil Gibran


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PIGS in the ARTS
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:52 pm 
Offline
Succubus
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 4207
Pigs in Space.

A reccuring sketch from The Muppet Show, it featured Captain Link Hogthrob, First mate Piggy and Dr Julius Strangepork.
it appeared in 32 episodes over four seasons.
Two sketches were recorded for NASA astronauts that were broadcast to the crew of the space shuttle as part of the wake up call that traditionally uses stirring music, familiar song lyrics or comedy sketches to boost comaradie.

_________________
Beauty is not in the face, it is a light in the heart - Kahil Gibran


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PIGS in the ARTS
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:18 pm 
Offline
FireStarter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:08 pm
Posts: 7457
tiggy wrote:
Hells Granny wrote:
Charlotte's Web



I read this book to my son when he was young and thoroughly enjoyed it myself..


Definitely a classic [thumbsup.png]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PIGS in the ARTS
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:22 pm 
Offline
FireStarter
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:08 pm
Posts: 7457
Echo wrote:
Absolutely loved Carlittos Web.



Yeh Al Pacino was good in that.....you on the kindle again?

Question....

Name the Pigs in Space spaceship? 10,000000 points!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: PIGS in the ARTS
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:20 pm 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 19524
Location: Valhöll
Hells Granny wrote:
Echo wrote:
Absolutely loved Carlittos Web.



Yeh Al Pacino was good in that.....you on the kindle again?

Question....

Name the Pigs in Space spaceship? 10,000000 points!

Lol... That'd be the Swinetrek... Link Hogthrob's ship...

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 2
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson. Stone textures by Patty Herford.
With special thanks to RuneVillage


Templatesdragon  styles collection