PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Theresa's night out.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:07 pm 
Person of Interest

And there she was, an all nighter, tucked up at Chequers with her cabinet, a group of naughty boys who just wouldn't do as they were told.

However she seemed to prevail, got a signed agreement from them on her terms for Brexit.

Wonder what she threatened the diehards, turncoats? who have now shown the world where their real interests lay?

Seems to me, after a quick shufti through the terms agreed upon that she got that good old British solution......a compromise, and it's not at all that bad.

We will have control of our borders, with some exceptions made to EU workers, who we need anyway. We retain an association with the single market, and also will be able to trade with the rest of the world.

Our courts have control in the UK whilst the EU still has an interest, dunno what that means.

The irish thing is solved and there are more goodies that I must have a read of.

So! Well done to Stickable Theresa: Maggie would be proud of you. :proud:

Post subject: Re: Theresa's night out.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:33 pm 
Nip and Nap

Dong wrote:
And there she was, an all nighter, tucked up at Chequers with her cabinet, a group of naughty boys who just wouldn't do as they were told.

However she seemed to prevail, got a signed agreement from them on her terms for Brexit.

Wonder what she threatened the diehards, turncoats? who have now shown the world where their real interests lay?

Seems to me, after a quick shufti through the terms agreed upon that she got that good old British solution......a compromise, and it's not at all that bad.

We will have control of our borders, with some exceptions made to EU workers, who we need anyway. We retain an association with the single market, and also will be able to trade with the rest of the world.

Our courts have control in the UK whilst the EU still has an interest, dunno what that means.

The irish thing is solved and there are more goodies that I must have a read of.

So! Well done to Stickable Theresa: Maggie would be proud of you. :proud:

Hasn't been agreed yet by the other European nations. Might still tell May to fcuk off. I hope they do.

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:37 pm 
The Mackem

Oh good another fcuking brexit thread

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:39 am 
Person of Interest

""Hasn't been agreed yet by the other European nations. Might still tell May to fcuk off. I hope they do.""

I doubt it. Not in their interest and it's a pretty good deal for them too.

The alternative is a clean break and that puts up more problems than a mensa test.

And as for you Pete,I know you are clapped out but if you have issue, that's children, it would be in their interest for you to show a bit of interest.

They will have to live on in the world you leave to them. :violin:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:23 am 
The Mackem

The nation decided Brexit.. you don't quit a job then negotiate, you hand in your notice and then leave. As for any children it would be in their interest to show a bit of interest. I voted leave. just that leave.. not agree to continue with EU rules.. fcuk em let them come to us cap in hand
As for clapped out if I was as clapped out as you I'd be considering a Swiss holiday with a one-way ticket.. you wanna have a little dig every time well sauce goose sauce gander and all that

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:32 pm 

I'm sorry to disappoint you Pete...........here is the truth of what's really going on.

All the parties are thinking a head. In 5-10 years they will start campaigning to rejoin the EU.

So there trying to stay within the EU framework: laws, customs regulations and free movement. This will make it easier to rejoin in 2025-30.

The only soiled idea to come out of this is: never have another referendum.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

Baby Gravy wrote:
I'm sorry to disappoint you Pete...........here is the truth of what's really going on.

All the parties are thinking a head. In 5-10 years they will start campaigning to rejoin the EU.

So there trying to stay within the EU framework: laws, customs regulations and free movement. This will make it easier to rejoin in 2025-30.

The only soiled idea to come out of this is: never have another referendum.

Your talking nonsence again.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:04 pm 

fastcars wrote:

If only that was true :think:

After two years the UK is no closer to leaving the EU. There still no plan for leaving the EU.
The EU transition period ends in 2020 and may be extended.

People vote on the economy in UK elections and in our two party state.......one of them will put rejoining the EU back on the table. They don't need another referendum to rejoin the EU, just a commons majority.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:34 pm 
Odin

.. but we are leaving the EU that much isn’t debatable. In the absence of any real news, the media’s political commentators, with a microphone and news crew in their faces, have to say something.

I don’t think I’ve heard the words perhaps, maybe and it’s entirely possible, uttered as much, since Brexit was voted for..

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:52 am 
Person of Interest

Baby Gravy wrote:
fastcars wrote:

If only that was true :think:

After two years the UK is no closer to leaving the EU. There still no plan for leaving the EU.
The EU transition period ends in 2020 and may be extended.

People vote on the economy in UK elections and in our two party state.......one of them will put rejoining the EU back on the table. They don't need another referendum to rejoin the EU, just a commons majority.

March 29th. and we are out!

[ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next