PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 11
 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Theresa's night out.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:07 pm 
Offline
Person of Interest

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 pm
Posts: 3135
And there she was, an all nighter, tucked up at Chequers with her cabinet, a group of naughty boys who just wouldn't do as they were told.

However she seemed to prevail, got a signed agreement from them on her terms for Brexit.

Wonder what she threatened the diehards, turncoats? who have now shown the world where their real interests lay?

Seems to me, after a quick shufti through the terms agreed upon that she got that good old British solution......a compromise, and it's not at all that bad.


We will have control of our borders, with some exceptions made to EU workers, who we need anyway. We retain an association with the single market, and also will be able to trade with the rest of the world.

Our courts have control in the UK whilst the EU still has an interest, dunno what that means.

The irish thing is solved and there are more goodies that I must have a read of.

So! Well done to Stickable Theresa: Maggie would be proud of you. :proud:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theresa's night out.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:33 pm 
Offline
Nip and Nap
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm
Posts: 12362
Dong wrote:
And there she was, an all nighter, tucked up at Chequers with her cabinet, a group of naughty boys who just wouldn't do as they were told.

However she seemed to prevail, got a signed agreement from them on her terms for Brexit.

Wonder what she threatened the diehards, turncoats? who have now shown the world where their real interests lay?

Seems to me, after a quick shufti through the terms agreed upon that she got that good old British solution......a compromise, and it's not at all that bad.


We will have control of our borders, with some exceptions made to EU workers, who we need anyway. We retain an association with the single market, and also will be able to trade with the rest of the world.

Our courts have control in the UK whilst the EU still has an interest, dunno what that means.

The irish thing is solved and there are more goodies that I must have a read of.

So! Well done to Stickable Theresa: Maggie would be proud of you. :proud:


Hasn't been agreed yet by the other European nations. Might still tell May to fcuk off. I hope they do.

_________________
Image

Image

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theresa's night out.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:37 pm 
Offline
The Mackem
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 5:06 pm
Posts: 5890
Oh good another fcuking brexit thread

_________________
Image
Jokes about white sugar are rare. Jokes about brown sugar, Demerara


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theresa's night out.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:39 am 
Offline
Person of Interest

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 pm
Posts: 3135
""Hasn't been agreed yet by the other European nations. Might still tell May to fcuk off. I hope they do.""

I doubt it. Not in their interest and it's a pretty good deal for them too.

The alternative is a clean break and that puts up more problems than a mensa test.

And as for you Pete,I know you are clapped out but if you have issue, that's children, it would be in their interest for you to show a bit of interest.

They will have to live on in the world you leave to them. :violin:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theresa's night out.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:23 am 
Offline
The Mackem
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 5:06 pm
Posts: 5890
The nation decided Brexit.. you don't quit a job then negotiate, you hand in your notice and then leave. As for any children it would be in their interest to show a bit of interest. I voted leave. just that leave.. not agree to continue with EU rules.. fcuk em let them come to us cap in hand
As for clapped out if I was as clapped out as you I'd be considering a Swiss holiday with a one-way ticket.. you wanna have a little dig every time well sauce goose sauce gander and all that

_________________
Image
Jokes about white sugar are rare. Jokes about brown sugar, Demerara


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theresa's night out.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts: 4287
Location: Fuckinstain
I'm sorry to disappoint you Pete...........here is the truth of what's really going on.

All the parties are thinking a head. In 5-10 years they will start campaigning to rejoin the EU.

So there trying to stay within the EU framework: laws, customs regulations and free movement. This will make it easier to rejoin in 2025-30.

The only soiled idea to come out of this is: never have another referendum.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theresa's night out.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:47 pm
Posts: 40697
Location: Next pub on the left
Baby Gravy wrote:
I'm sorry to disappoint you Pete...........here is the truth of what's really going on.

All the parties are thinking a head. In 5-10 years they will start campaigning to rejoin the EU.

So there trying to stay within the EU framework: laws, customs regulations and free movement. This will make it easier to rejoin in 2025-30.

The only soiled idea to come out of this is: never have another referendum.

Your talking nonsence again.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theresa's night out.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts: 4287
Location: Fuckinstain
fastcars wrote:
Your talking nonsence again.


If only that was true :think:

After two years the UK is no closer to leaving the EU. There still no plan for leaving the EU.
The EU transition period ends in 2020 and may be extended.

People vote on the economy in UK elections and in our two party state.......one of them will put rejoining the EU back on the table. They don't need another referendum to rejoin the EU, just a commons majority.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theresa's night out.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 18434
Location: Valhöll
.. but we are leaving the EU that much isn’t debatable. In the absence of any real news, the media’s political commentators, with a microphone and news crew in their faces, have to say something.

I don’t think I’ve heard the words perhaps, maybe and it’s entirely possible, uttered as much, since Brexit was voted for..

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Theresa's night out.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:52 am 
Offline
Person of Interest

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 pm
Posts: 3135
Baby Gravy wrote:
fastcars wrote:
Your talking nonsence again.


If only that was true :think:

After two years the UK is no closer to leaving the EU. There still no plan for leaving the EU.
The EU transition period ends in 2020 and may be extended.

People vote on the economy in UK elections and in our two party state.......one of them will put rejoining the EU back on the table. They don't need another referendum to rejoin the EU, just a commons majority.


March 29th. and we are out!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 11
 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], fastcars, Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson. Stone textures by Patty Herford.
With special thanks to RuneVillage


Templatesdragon  styles collection