It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Fox Hounds attack animal sanctuary
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:10 pm 
Nip and Nap

Cats missing after hunt dogs get into animal sanctuary grounds -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-42654131

It's time the keeping of hounds and the gathering of hunts was banned. They should come under the Dangerous Dogs Act.

I hope they get the book thrown at them.

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat

Post subject: Re: Fox Hounds attack animal sanctuary
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 pm 
Odin

Tabby Cat wrote:

It's time the keeping of hounds and the gathering of hunts was banned. They should come under the Dangerous Dogs Act.

If you can’t keep your dog under control, then you shouldn’t have dogs..

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:17 am 
Spartacus

tiggy wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:

If you can’t keep your dog under control, then you shouldn’t have dogs..

cats missing doesnt necessarily mean cats dead - they may have ran off in fright and being a cat lover I hope they are all found safe and sound. As tiggy says if you cant keep your dog under control whether it be a domestic pet dog or a working dog then you shouldn't be allowed to have one. I get so fed up of dog owners having their dogs off lead in the park when mine are always on their lead in public places shouting "dont worry he/she is friendly"

I wonder also Tabby if you would have bothered posting this article if it was domestic pet dogs that had escaped from home, created a pack (probably after the sent of a dog in heat whose owners had not been bothered to spay it) who had attacked the sanctuary, or if this is again, a chance for you to bash the hunting hound topic. [shrug65465.gif]

I dont click on links on here, but also what sort of security against such attacks did the sanctuary have?
In either event a sad situation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:36 am 
Nip and Nap

I doubt dogs would form a pack of twenty plus dogs, or even be allowed to without being rounded up. Plus these dogs are bred and trained to kill.

Google Celia Hammond Cats and read the full story as you don't click on links.

I suspect you're thoughts would be different if they'd run amok in a school or child's nursery, causing fear and distress and perhaps even injury or death. Cats are still missing. Hopefully they'll be found alive and well, not ripped to shreds.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:43 am 
Spartacus

Tabby Cat wrote:
I doubt dogs would form a pack of twenty plus dogs, or even be allowed to without being rounded up. Plus these dogs are bred and trained to kill.

I suspect you're thoughts would be different if they'd run amok in a school or child's nursery, causing fear and distress and perhaps even injury or death. Cats are still missing. Hopefully they'll be found alive and well, not ripped to shreds.

I think school and nursery policies regarding security and accessibility to their grounds are very strict, I dont know whether sanctuarys have to have the same procedures in place? Responsible dog owners should not allow their dogs to roam, however when dogs do roam they do form packs by following scents of other dogs etc.

A domestic pet dog has the instinct to rip a cat to shreds - living with two dogs and three cats - I see the change in my dogs behaviour if she sees my cat! it is their instinct to chase any small furry creature that runs. It is indeed a very sad story and must be very distressing for the staff at the sanctuary as well [sad.gif]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:54 am 
Nip and Nap

Catmanblue wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:

I think school and nursery policies regarding security and accessibility to their grounds are very strict, I dont know whether sanctuarys have to have the same procedures in place? Responsible dog owners should not allow their dogs to roam, however when dogs do roam they do form packs by following scents of other dogs etc.

A domestic pet dog has the instinct to rip a cat to shreds - living with two dogs and three cats - I see the change in my dogs behaviour if she sees my cat! it is their instinct to chase any small furry creature that runs. It is indeed a very sad story and must be very distressing for the staff at the sanctuary as well [sad.gif]

I've kept dogs and cats together and the only antagonism was from the cats towards the dogs who didn't react.

Hunt dogs that are out of control go where they like. A pack ran amok the grounds of a Hospice last year. They can jump fences and squeeze through gaps. They stray onto railway lines and roads.

These dogs that attacked the sanctuary were supposed to be following a pre laid scent but they decided for whatever reason, to deviate from it and do their own thing, ignoring any attempt to call them off. So the hunt cannot control their dogs, so the hunt should be closed and stopped from owning anymore dogs.

If your dog got out of control then you'd have to answer to the law, therefore so should hunts. I'm sure you'd feel differently if you or your pets were attacked.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:01 pm 
Shit shoveller

Tabby Cat wrote:
Catmanblue wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:

I've kept dogs and cats together and the only antagonism was from the cats towards the dogs who didn't react.

Hunt dogs that are out of control go where they like. A pack ran amok the grounds of a Hospice last year. They can jump fences and squeeze through gaps. They stray onto railway lines and roads.

These dogs that attacked the sanctuary were supposed to be following a pre laid scent but they decided for whatever reason, to deviate from it and do their own thing, ignoring any attempt to call them off. So the hunt cannot control their dogs, so the hunt should be closed and stopped from owning anymore dogs.

If your dog got out of control then you'd have to answer to the law, therefore so should hunts. I'm sure you'd feel differently if you or your pets were attacked.

probably fake news
ive seen the clip
was hounds running through woods
no sign it was a sanctuary or if cats were even there just a couple of screaming lesbians who prob have fanny hair down to their knees
[adrian.gif]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:34 pm 
Person of Interest

Well T.I. We can probably guess where your opinions lay.

For my part, I will just repeat that, in my view, they are a truly exciting spectacle as they race across the sward on a bright morning.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:28 pm 
Nip and Nap

Dong wrote:
Well T.I. We can probably guess where your opinions lay.

For my part, I will just repeat that, in my view, they are a truly exciting spectacle as they race across the sward on a bright morning.

I doubt you'd find it so exciting if they were chasing you. I'd pay to watch that. [adrian.gif]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:45 pm 
Person of Interest

T.C. Don't you find it sad that we are losing so many of our ways?
Banning hunting, done mainly by envious people, was much in the way of how the miners were treated.

Take away the activity and see the people starve.

Things are never the same afterwards.

Have you ever seen a top hunt in full flight? It is a wonderful sight.

We know now of course that the number of foxes actually killed by the hunt was pitifully small. So not quite as much suffering as we have been told for poor old Reynard, and most of them were shot.

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next