Post subject: Re: Racist or not
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:01 am 
cont. on page 273. . . .

Are they still in business?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:07 am 
Odin

It was an old rumour..

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:24 am 
cont. on page 273. . . .

They're Australian now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:13 am 
Odin

Long way to go, just to rent a telly, then..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:41 am 
Miss Sunshine

I’m so bored with this now. Retailers have been selling children’s clothes with monkeys and cheeky monkey slogans on for decades, I have photos of mine when they were small with their cheeky monkey tee shirts and caps on. Last year my 5 year old twin granddaughters collared me for cheeky monkey sweatshirts and matching rucksacks, can’t exactly remember which shop they were from but there was never any furore about it. This is all because a black child model was used for the shoot, absolutely ridiculous, the little child looked adorable, no offence was meant I’m certain of that, the advertising agency, the child’s parent and H&M would never have let them get published, far too much at stake.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:55 am 
Spartacus

~*Lucky*~ wrote:
I call my wee ones cheeky monkeys all the time. No racial connotation at all

cheeky monkeys
little monsters
little shits
am I being racist to monsters and shits??? :biggrin: :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:11 am 
Nip and Nap

Peeks wrote:
I’m so bored with this now. Retailers have been selling children’s clothes with monkeys and cheeky monkey slogans on for decades, I have photos of mine when they were small with their cheeky monkey tee shirts and caps on. Last year my 5 year old twin granddaughters collared me for cheeky monkey sweatshirts and matching rucksacks, can’t exactly remember which shop they were from but there was never any furore about it. This is all because a black child model was used for the shoot, absolutely ridiculous, the little child looked adorable, no offence was meant I’m certain of that, the advertising agency, the child’s parent and H&M would never have let them get published, far too much at stake.

It's just morons seeing something that isn't there. But they want to claim the moral high ground and make a fuss but they cannot see the irony that it is only them who see black people as monkeys.

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:34 am 
Odin

Tabby Cat wrote:
Peeks wrote:

It's just morons seeing something that isn't there. But they want to claim the moral high ground and make a fuss but they cannot see the irony that it is only them who see black people as monkeys.

I see most kids as little monkeys, cheeky monkeys, little shits, but mostly little angels..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:41 am 
Nip and Nap

But you don't see black kids or black people and immediately think monkey. That's the difference between you, me and these morons.

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:44 am 
Spartacus

tiggy wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:
Peeks wrote:

I see most kids as little monkeys, cheeky monkeys, little shits, but mostly little angels..

I will remind you of this comment on Wednesday when we have the 15 year old and 13 year old nephews down for dinner :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next