PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 3
 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Great Emu War
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:24 pm 
Offline
cont. on page 273. . . .

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:01 pm
Posts: 4792
I'd never heard of this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

"The Emu War, also known as the Great Emu War, was a nuisance wildlife management military operation undertaken in Australia over the latter part of 1932 to address public concern over the number of emus said to be running amok in the Campion district of Western Australia. The unsuccessful attempts to curb the population of emus, a large flightless bird indigenous to Australia, employed soldiers armed with Lewis guns—leading the media to adopt the name "Emu War" when referring to the incident. While a number of the birds were killed, the emu population persisted and continued to cause crop destruction."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Great Emu War
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:46 pm 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 18093
Location: Valhöll
Emu meat is delicious.. and healthier than most red meats... [thumbsup.png]

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Great Emu War
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:40 pm 
Offline
cont. on page 273. . . .

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:01 pm
Posts: 4792
tiggy wrote:
Emu meat is delicious.. and healthier than most red meats... [thumbsup.png]


This was about them plundering newly planted wheat farms rather than being killed for food. Go figure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Great Emu War
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:10 pm 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 18093
Location: Valhöll
Wordsworth60 wrote:
tiggy wrote:
Emu meat is delicious.. and healthier than most red meats... [thumbsup.png]


This was about them plundering newly planted wheat farms rather than being killed for food. Go figure.

Yeah, but the barbie after, was legendary...

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Great Emu War
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:13 pm 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 18093
Location: Valhöll
I had an Emu Burger at a continental market in Sheffield, many moons ago... bloody gorgeous it was too.. [thumbsup.png]

Not sure I’d have a Fox or Seal Cub burger though..

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Great Emu War
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:30 pm 
Offline
The Mackem
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 5:06 pm
Posts: 5704
Maybe some animal should curb the population of humans

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Great Emu War
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:57 pm 
Offline
Nip and Nap
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm
Posts: 12323
Pete wrote:
Maybe some animal should curb the population of humans


That's a very good idea.

_________________
Image

Image

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Great Emu War
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:47 pm
Posts: 760
Location: Under the stars
Tabby Cat wrote:
Pete wrote:
Maybe some animal should curb the population of humans


That's a very good idea.


We already have a method of culling humans. It's carried out by animals and they call it WAR.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Great Emu War
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:23 pm 
Offline
<the fluze>

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 45493
Leah wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:
Pete wrote:
Maybe some animal should curb the population of humans


That's a very good idea.


We already have a method of culling humans. It's carried out by animals and they call it WAR.


Contentious comment.

Which animals, Leah? Specifically.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Great Emu War
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:47 pm
Posts: 760
Location: Under the stars
simplysuze wrote:
Leah wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:
Pete wrote:
Maybe some animal should curb the population of humans


That's a very good idea.


We already have a method of culling humans. It's carried out by animals and they call it WAR.


Contentious comment.

Which animals, Leah? Specifically.


Humans who kill. Are they not animals? I can't list all the murderers in the world...there are too many.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 3
 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson. Stone textures by Patty Herford.
With special thanks to RuneVillage


Templatesdragon  styles collection