PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 5
 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Damien Green MP.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline
Person of Interest

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 pm
Posts: 1512
Is it a police stitch up...or a Whitehall whitewash?

Seems to me that for the police to proceed after all this time with a case that was proven to be illegally carried out in the first place, is not a proper use of police resources.

Also, the only evidence is that of two disgruntled ex coppers who were 'retired' after the bungled job when a government office was raided without authority by said coppers.

Looks like carefully planned revenge to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Damien Green MP.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:52 pm 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 17113
Location: Valhöll
There’s history between Green and the copper.. seems the lad has over-stepped the boundaries. Confidentiality seems to be a dirty word..

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Damien Green MP.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts: 2470
There is no place for porn in the workplace. If they find it on a work device, your sacked.

Most "IT" departments scan work computers for porn: its normal. In this case its an MP and couldnt be sacked like anyone else.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Damien Green MP.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:33 pm 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 17113
Location: Valhöll
Baby Gravy wrote:
There is no place for porn in the workplace. If they find it on a work device, your sacked.

Most "IT" departments scan work computers for porn: its normal. In this case its an MP and couldnt be sacked like anyone else.

That’s because they can argue they’re not the sole users of the computer..

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Damien Green MP.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:47 pm
Posts: 39672
Location: Next pub on the left
It seems to me there's a lot of people out there doing whatever it takes to bring down the main members of the conservative party. There's a claim of sacking on an almost weekly basis. An attempt to bring down the government before the Brexit deal is struck? It's sure starting to look like it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Damien Green MP.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:43 pm 
Offline
Nip and Nap
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm
Posts: 12098
tiggy wrote:
Baby Gravy wrote:
There is no place for porn in the workplace. If they find it on a work device, your sacked.

Most "IT" departments scan work computers for porn: its normal. In this case its an MP and couldnt be sacked like anyone else.

That’s because they can argue they’re not the sole users of the computer..


Computers are linked to a login profile and what each user accessed and when can be ascertained from that. Usually it's one computer per employee. I belive this police officer carried out a proper forensic examination of the computer.

Doa is right for a change. If porn was found on a computer belonging to the workplace then he should be sacked.

In the Civil Service and there is an Acceptable Usage Policy for using workplace computers and phones and using them for porn is not acceptable and is a sackable offence.

_________________
Image

Image

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Damien Green MP.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:54 pm 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 17113
Location: Valhöll
The Acceptable Usage policy is backed by a ban on a wide range of sites.. computer usage is routinely monitored too. Green would have known this..

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Damien Green MP.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:58 am 
Offline
Person of Interest

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 pm
Posts: 1512
Anyone could come in here and flood my puter with porn and I could be no wiser.

And that's my story! OK!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Damien Green MP.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:06 am 
Offline
Nip and Nap
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm
Posts: 12098
tiggy wrote:
The Acceptable Usage policy is backed by a ban on a wide range of sites.. computer usage is routinely monitored too. Green would have known this..


I doubt it. I suspect his IT knowledge is very poor. It must be else why would he view porn on his work computer?

_________________
Image

Image

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Damien Green MP.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:47 pm
Posts: 39672
Location: Next pub on the left
Tabby Cat wrote:
tiggy wrote:
The Acceptable Usage policy is backed by a ban on a wide range of sites.. computer usage is routinely monitored too. Green would have known this..


I doubt it. I suspect his IT knowledge is very poor. It must be else why would he view porn on his work computer?

You wouldn't be presuming him guilty before charged by any chance would you?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 5
 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson. Stone textures by Patty Herford.
With special thanks to RuneVillage


Templatesdragon  styles collection