PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Animals don't feel pain...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:24 am 
Nip and Nap

According to the Tories and the DUP. They have voted to exclude important EU legislation in the Brexit Bill that states animals are sentient beings that feel emotion and pain. Domestic animals are still covered by UK legislation but not wild or farm animals.

No doubt this has been excluded to ensure we can trade with countries like China who have disgusting animal welfare standards. Well done, Brexit voters. Be proud of yourselves.

Oh and the irony in the Tories and DUP voting animals aren't sentient creatures.. Look in the mirror.

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat

Post subject: Re: Animals don't feel pain...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:35 am 

Tabby Cat wrote:
According to the Tories and the DUP. They have voted to exclude important EU legislation in the Brexit Bill that states animals are sentient beings that feel emotion and pain. Domestic animals are still covered by UK legislation but not wild or farm animals.

No doubt this has been excluded to ensure we can trade with countries like China who have disgusting animal welfare standards. Well done, Brexit voters. Be proud of yourselves.

Oh and the irony in the Tories and DUP voting animals aren't sentient creatures.. Look in the mirror.

fcuk all to do with Brexit. Vote labour. There is an alternative. And of course animals feel pain. They just don't moan about it, as much as we do.

Plato

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:39 am 
Ice Maiden

There is a reason I prefer animals to humans...that is one of them..

Christmas is not a date, it's a state of mind.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:49 am 
Nip and Nap

ButchPaul wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:

fcuk all to do with Brexit. Vote labour. There is an alternative. And of course animals feel pain. They just don't moan about it, as much as we do.

The law stating animals are sentient creatures who feel pain and emotion is from the EU. So yes, it has everything to do with Brexit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:01 am 

Tabby Cat wrote:
ButchPaul wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:

The law stating animals are sentient creatures who feel pain and emotion is from the EU. So yes, it has everything to do with Brexit.

It's nothing to do with the EU, at all, the labour movement (and liberal) was introducing law when the EU and the "Single market" was just a twinkle in Maggie Thatchers eye. Before she signed the the Single European Act.

Plato

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:10 am 

ButchPaul wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:
ButchPaul wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:

It's nothing to do with the EU, at all, the labour movement (and liberal) was introducing law when the EU and the "Single market" was just a twinkle in Maggie Thatchers eye. Before she signed the the Single European Act.

Oh and Tabby, if I got it right and I am happy to be corrected, you are a Londoner... More fcuking cash is spent on you than anywhere else in the entire UK. No fcuking wonder you love cheap Polish gardeners.

Plato

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:39 am 
Odin

Brexit voters didn’t vote on this, politicians did.

This is abhorrent.

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:04 am 
Nip and Nap

tiggy wrote:
Brexit voters didn’t vote on this, politicians did.

This is abhorrent.

Brexit voters didn't know what they were voting for.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 am 
Nip and Nap

ButchPaul wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:
ButchPaul wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:

This part of EU law was adopted by the UK in 2009.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:22 am 

I am all for brexit.There are a lot of things I didn't or don't know about it.The main reson I did vote brexit, was so in the future my kids and grandkids would have a better Britain to live in. At the time I voted, I weighed everything up in my tiny unpolitical mind. We know its going to be tough for a while, but it will even out and we will be better off.
I didn't know about that law, it is abhorrent as tiggie say. No one I know would think animals have no emotions or feel no pain.I don't like the way you put that,i mean you are actually saying that brxit voters are either dumb or really nasty.Most people love animals.

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next