PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 4
 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Animals don't feel pain...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:24 am 
Offline
Nip and Nap
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm
Posts: 12098
According to the Tories and the DUP. They have voted to exclude important EU legislation in the Brexit Bill that states animals are sentient beings that feel emotion and pain. Domestic animals are still covered by UK legislation but not wild or farm animals.

No doubt this has been excluded to ensure we can trade with countries like China who have disgusting animal welfare standards. Well done, Brexit voters. Be proud of yourselves.

Oh and the irony in the Tories and DUP voting animals aren't sentient creatures.. Look in the mirror.

_________________
Image

Image

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Animals don't feel pain...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 5494
Tabby Cat wrote:
According to the Tories and the DUP. They have voted to exclude important EU legislation in the Brexit Bill that states animals are sentient beings that feel emotion and pain. Domestic animals are still covered by UK legislation but not wild or farm animals.

No doubt this has been excluded to ensure we can trade with countries like China who have disgusting animal welfare standards. Well done, Brexit voters. Be proud of yourselves.

Oh and the irony in the Tories and DUP voting animals aren't sentient creatures.. Look in the mirror.


fcuk all to do with Brexit. Vote labour. There is an alternative. And of course animals feel pain. They just don't moan about it, as much as we do.

_________________
Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Plato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Animals don't feel pain...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:39 am 
Offline
Ice Maiden
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:46 pm
Posts: 40201
There is a reason I prefer animals to humans...that is one of them..

_________________
Image

Christmas is not a date, it's a state of mind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Animals don't feel pain...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:49 am 
Offline
Nip and Nap
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm
Posts: 12098
ButchPaul wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:
According to the Tories and the DUP. They have voted to exclude important EU legislation in the Brexit Bill that states animals are sentient beings that feel emotion and pain. Domestic animals are still covered by UK legislation but not wild or farm animals.

No doubt this has been excluded to ensure we can trade with countries like China who have disgusting animal welfare standards. Well done, Brexit voters. Be proud of yourselves.

Oh and the irony in the Tories and DUP voting animals aren't sentient creatures.. Look in the mirror.


fcuk all to do with Brexit. Vote labour. There is an alternative. And of course animals feel pain. They just don't moan about it, as much as we do.


The law stating animals are sentient creatures who feel pain and emotion is from the EU. So yes, it has everything to do with Brexit.

_________________
Image

Image

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Animals don't feel pain...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 5494
Tabby Cat wrote:
ButchPaul wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:
According to the Tories and the DUP. They have voted to exclude important EU legislation in the Brexit Bill that states animals are sentient beings that feel emotion and pain. Domestic animals are still covered by UK legislation but not wild or farm animals.

No doubt this has been excluded to ensure we can trade with countries like China who have disgusting animal welfare standards. Well done, Brexit voters. Be proud of yourselves.

Oh and the irony in the Tories and DUP voting animals aren't sentient creatures.. Look in the mirror.


fcuk all to do with Brexit. Vote labour. There is an alternative. And of course animals feel pain. They just don't moan about it, as much as we do.


The law stating animals are sentient creatures who feel pain and emotion is from the EU. So yes, it has everything to do with Brexit.


It's nothing to do with the EU, at all, the labour movement (and liberal) was introducing law when the EU and the "Single market" was just a twinkle in Maggie Thatchers eye. Before she signed the the Single European Act.

_________________
Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Plato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Animals don't feel pain...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 5494
ButchPaul wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:
ButchPaul wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:
According to the Tories and the DUP. They have voted to exclude important EU legislation in the Brexit Bill that states animals are sentient beings that feel emotion and pain. Domestic animals are still covered by UK legislation but not wild or farm animals.

No doubt this has been excluded to ensure we can trade with countries like China who have disgusting animal welfare standards. Well done, Brexit voters. Be proud of yourselves.

Oh and the irony in the Tories and DUP voting animals aren't sentient creatures.. Look in the mirror.


fcuk all to do with Brexit. Vote labour. There is an alternative. And of course animals feel pain. They just don't moan about it, as much as we do.


The law stating animals are sentient creatures who feel pain and emotion is from the EU. So yes, it has everything to do with Brexit.


It's nothing to do with the EU, at all, the labour movement (and liberal) was introducing law when the EU and the "Single market" was just a twinkle in Maggie Thatchers eye. Before she signed the the Single European Act.


Oh and Tabby, if I got it right and I am happy to be corrected, you are a Londoner... More fcuking cash is spent on you than anywhere else in the entire UK. No fcuking wonder you love cheap Polish gardeners.

_________________
Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Plato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Animals don't feel pain...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:39 am 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 17113
Location: Valhöll
Brexit voters didn’t vote on this, politicians did.

This is abhorrent.

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Animals don't feel pain...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:04 am 
Offline
Nip and Nap
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm
Posts: 12098
tiggy wrote:
Brexit voters didn’t vote on this, politicians did.

This is abhorrent.


Brexit voters didn't know what they were voting for.

_________________
Image

Image

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Animals don't feel pain...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 am 
Offline
Nip and Nap
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm
Posts: 12098
ButchPaul wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:
ButchPaul wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:
According to the Tories and the DUP. They have voted to exclude important EU legislation in the Brexit Bill that states animals are sentient beings that feel emotion and pain. Domestic animals are still covered by UK legislation but not wild or farm animals.

No doubt this has been excluded to ensure we can trade with countries like China who have disgusting animal welfare standards. Well done, Brexit voters. Be proud of yourselves.

Oh and the irony in the Tories and DUP voting animals aren't sentient creatures.. Look in the mirror.


fcuk all to do with Brexit. Vote labour. There is an alternative. And of course animals feel pain. They just don't moan about it, as much as we do.


The law stating animals are sentient creatures who feel pain and emotion is from the EU. So yes, it has everything to do with Brexit.


It's nothing to do with the EU, at all, the labour movement (and liberal) was introducing law when the EU and the "Single market" was just a twinkle in Maggie Thatchers eye. Before she signed the the Single European Act.


This part of EU law was adopted by the UK in 2009.

_________________
Image

Image

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Animals don't feel pain...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 2:45 am
Posts: 4315
I am all for brexit.There are a lot of things I didn't or don't know about it.The main reson I did vote brexit, was so in the future my kids and grandkids would have a better Britain to live in. At the time I voted, I weighed everything up in my tiny unpolitical mind. We know its going to be tough for a while, but it will even out and we will be better off.
I didn't know about that law, it is abhorrent as tiggie say. No one I know would think animals have no emotions or feel no pain.I don't like the way you put that,i mean you are actually saying that brxit voters are either dumb or really nasty.Most people love animals.

_________________
[img][img][/img]https://imgur.com/jgEQSHx[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 4
 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Google [Bot], Wordsworth60


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson. Stone textures by Patty Herford.
With special thanks to RuneVillage


Templatesdragon  styles collection