PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Social elite: Lavinia Woodward
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:07 am 

Lavinia Woodward was high on drugs and stabbed her boyfriend. Now you'd think she be put away for 5-10 years for grievous bodily harm, but no it's a 10-month suspended sentence for her. :rolleyes:

Social elite is a student at Christ Church College, Oxford University. This is one of the worst cases of social elite looking after their own. :wall:

If Lavinia Woodward work at supermarket they would have thrown the book at her. If this was a man working at carwash they'd be calling for blood.

One law for the rich, another for the rest of us [1744330pz84739fis.gif]

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/lavinia-woodw ... 48300.html

Post subject: Re: Social elite: Lavinia Woodward
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:37 am 
Odin

Baby Gravy wrote:
Lavinia Woodward was high on drugs and stabbed her boyfriend. Now you'd think she be put away for 5-10 years for grievous bodily harm, but no it's a 10-month suspended sentence for her. :rolleyes:

Social elite is a student at Christ Church College, Oxford University. This is one of the worst cases of social elite looking after their own. :wall:

If Lavinia Woodward work at supermarket they would have thrown the book at her. If this was a man working at carwash they'd be calling for blood.

One law for the rich, another for the rest of us [1744330pz84739fis.gif]

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/lavinia-woodw ... 48300.html

Money talks..

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:35 am 
Person of Interest

Nah! It's not money; it's our need of brains.

In this age of such stupidity, brought about, I believe, by successive Labour Governments trying their best to equalise us all, we need all the brains we can find.

We can't go sticking them all in gaol for a few minor infractions......we need them. :biggrin:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:51 am 
Site Admin

Dong wrote:

In this age of such stupidity, brought about, I believe, by successive Labour Governments trying their best to equalise us all, we need all the brains we can find.

We can't go sticking them all in gaol for a few minor infractions......we need them. :biggrin:

Actually, there's a lot of truth in what you say.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:07 pm 
Odin

fastcars wrote:
Dong wrote:

So if you have potential, you can get away with drug fuelled attempted murder?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 pm 
Person of Interest

The genius is not like us. Different planets come to mind. They think and act in different ways.

We should care and cherish them, not hold them to our 'modus operandi.'

Can't let them get away with murder of course but we must stop laughing and jeering at the 'different ones' who will be the one's to crack cancer, space and all the rest, not the red necks on the football field or on the piss..........or on here! [tease.gif]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

tiggy wrote:
fastcars wrote:
Dong wrote:

So if you have potential, you can get away with drug fuelled attempted murder?

It's certainly something that would be taken into consideration when determining their punishment.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:06 pm 
cont. on page 273. . . .

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... son-oxford

Here are the final paragraphs:

"Why the Oxford stabbing student really is too talented for jail - Simon Jenkins 18th May 2017.

. . . The modest significance of the Woodward case is the judge’s explicit acknowledgement that sending someone to prison does not just deprive them of their liberty. It scars and cripples them for life. Most prisoners are young and have their careers ahead of them. It should not matter if they want to be heart surgeons or nurses or road-diggers.

A job is one of life’s necessities. Prison is the quickest route to unemployment, and thus to reoffending. That is why half of released prisoners reconvict, and two-thirds of younger ones. To have a prison record cuts like acid through any CV.

A parole board veteran once told me she reckoned perhaps a fifth of those in prison needed to be there for public protection. The rest were perfectly susceptible to other forms of penal treatment, and were only in prison because lawmakers and judges thought they “deserved” it. That prison is expensive and glaringly counterproductive was apparently neither here nor there. Prison rarely reforms. It destroys lives to make the rest of us feel better.

Britain is addicted to jail – more so than any other developed country except America. We can only hope that a future judge pondering incarceration gets the Woodward message: any prison sentence is for life."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:17 pm 

10 years ago, bankers educated at our top universities crashed our economy in the name of "personal interested".

They believed they were untouchable and they were right, not one of them end up in jail.

Lavinia Woodward cases takes this to the next stage: getting away with murder. We're turning into America where justice can be brought for a price. [9n5.gif]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:42 pm 
Odin

Baby Gravy wrote:
10 years ago, bankers educated at our top universities crashed our economy in the name of "personal interested".

They believed they were untouchable and they were right, not one of them end up in jail.

Lavinia Woodward cases takes this to the next stage: getting away with murder. We're turning into America where justice can be brought for a price. [9n5.gif]

Very well said..

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next