NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brexit Doom and Gloom Forecasts
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

tiggy wrote:
Both Labour and the Conservatives took a pounding in the local elections yesterday, as Brexit dominated the pattern behind people’s tactical voting..

Vince Cable however declared the Lib Dems “the big winners” and that “Three party politics” is back.. the LD deputy, Jo Swinson going that bit further and insisted that it wasn’t a protest vote, rather the country heard what the Lib Dems were saying..

Labour’s wishy-washy approach to Brexit hasn’t won them any friends in their own heartlands, whilst Tory infighting has led to general apathy..

Jeremy Corbyn has never been interested in negotiating a good Brexit deal for the UK. His only focus has been to thwart the government at every turn in the hope the Conservatives will implode and he can get his beloved general election. Hopefully his thrashing in the local elections will bring home that he isnt as popular as he likes to think he is and he wont automatically be the favourite to win any future election. The only way any of the top two parties can save any face is to deliver a decent deal and as quickly as possible.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:47 pm 
Odin

fastcars wrote:
tiggy wrote:
Both Labour and the Conservatives took a pounding in the local elections yesterday, as Brexit dominated the pattern behind people’s tactical voting..

Vince Cable however declared the Lib Dems “the big winners” and that “Three party politics” is back.. the LD deputy, Jo Swinson going that bit further and insisted that it wasn’t a protest vote, rather the country heard what the Lib Dems were saying..

Labour’s wishy-washy approach to Brexit hasn’t won them any friends in their own heartlands, whilst Tory infighting has led to general apathy..

Jeremy Corbyn has never been interested in negotiating a good Brexit deal for the UK. His only focus has been to thwart the government at every turn in the hope the Conservatives will implode and he can get his beloved general election. Hopefully his thrashing in the local elections will bring home that he isnt as popular as he likes to think he is and he wont automatically be the favourite to win any future election. The only way any of the top two parties can save any face is to deliver a decent deal and as quickly as possible.

No, he really doesn’t care. He just wants to get his grubby hands on the helm of the country. He will do anything, say anything, to convince the electorate he can run the country... He would be a disaster for this country..

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:22 am 
Odin

Nigel Farage is looking odds on favourite to pick up quite a few places in the unwanted European elections.. the Brexit party is building up a head of steam and following on from the local elections, if the tories and labour don’t get their fingers out, he could easily remove the Liberals as the third party in UK politics..

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

Is todays government announcement that the UK will now be forced to take part in European elections this May another way of saying that talks with the Labour party have produced absolutely nothing and the chances of anything changing before the October 31st deadline are little more than zero?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pm 
Odin

fastcars wrote:
Is todays government announcement that the UK will now be forced to take part in European elections this May another way of saying that talks with the Labour party have produced absolutely nothing and the chances of anything changing before the October 31st deadline are little more than zero?

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, neither the tories nor labour want Brexit... there’s nothing in it for either of them, aside from having to work for a living..

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:02 am 
Person of Interest

Moment of doubt.
Is it just my love of my country that holds me to Brexit, even at any cost?
Do I want to see all that I am familiar with change even more, change away from the things I love about The UK?
And for what? A huge group, federation maybe, that makes all our decisions for us. Makes our laws. A group of 27 unlike countries all compressed by EU rules and regulations. Rules and regulations that it seems we are not able to extricate ourselves from, even if we wanted to; which many of our people don't.
It may be just that that is the future for my grandchildren, but I am so glad that I will not be here to see it.
Will someone tell me that we can prosper outside of the EU, because there is such a lot of advice that we couldn't.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:23 pm 
Odin

Well, that’s my X against the Brexit party candidates...

Now to sit back and see what transpires..

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:36 am 
Person of Interest

tiggy wrote:

Don't you mean 'for' the Brexit party?
[confused1.gif]

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:09 pm 
Person of Interest

""Theresa May is giving MPs another chance to vote on Brexit in early June - whether or not the government and Labour have reached a deal by then.""
What a good idea???

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:16 pm 
Mrs Pepper

tiggy wrote:

Same :thumbsup:

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next