PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: President Trump visit to the U.K.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:56 am 

Well I must say the news has it on every station. Love the tour of the Westminister Abbey. Impressive. The lovely attire at State dinner, and importantly.. the respect shown for each other and Countries..nice isn't it that a simple toasts, cheers, can bring friendship said more in actions then by words alone. Cheers!

Post subject: Re: President Trump visit to the U.K.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:58 am 
King cosy

hmm,
cos its you i shall bite my tongue.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:53 pm 

You can express cosy all you wish. Peoples likes or dislikes of our President does not bother me..Especially in the U.k. however..at home yep can be extremely difficult as well in discussions. The man may not always express manners as all would want to see..I agree at times. The point is things that laid dormant for more years than I can count are now in action. Unemployment lowest in 25 years. Industry staying not going overseas. Economy is improving..interest rates went up. And I said before as I say now..have more in my pay check each week. Media has kicked Trump down way before he became President. Clinton should go to jail and still free. Trump not afraid to speak his mind..That is what people don't like. Trump has interrupted the norm..People don't like change. Change takes time..acceptance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:03 pm 

P.s. as I not understand all your difficulty in u.k. as not live there or understand fully your politics..No one in my life time or does history here disrespect your Queen. Americans appreciate Britian. Things sadly here become very nasty within our strong parties. Democrats and Republicans..The power play is about parties, this has worked against the American people. No longer for people by people..but power of parties who stronger..dominates..that focus sadly..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:47 pm 
Odin

There’s not much to say about British politics.. Westminster Palace is a beautiful and historic building with a rat infestation ..

.. like the House of Representatives..

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:43 pm 
Odin

What I can’t understand, (amongst a great many other things) is why we’re holding the 75th anniversary of the D-day landings today (5th June), when D-day is the 6th..

There were anti-Trump protests in Portsmouth today, which were quickly countered by Pro-Trump campaigners. Whilst pleasantries were exchanged, a few in the Pro-Trump ranks shouted that the protesters were picking the wrong day. One of the counter-protesters, Steve Cross from Portsmouth, said: "These guys protesting today, it's just the wrong day. Today is about remembering and paying respects.”

It doesn’t matter what your opinions of the American President is, there is a time and a place... this was neither..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:44 am 

Well said THANK YOU SO MUCH!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:49 am 
Mrs Pepper

Agreed Tiggy, today wasn’t the day for protests, totally disrespectful to the D Day memorials.
And although Trump is a bit of a joke with some of his absurdities and tweets, I like the fact he is actually trying to do things he set out to do on his presidential campaign, unlike many other candidates standing for elections. Including the majority of the UK MPs ( see Brexit debacle) lol.
At least someone like Trump would have had the balls to actually do what he said, he would have just left and spent the time and effort working on alternative trade agreements and so forth.

And on today the 6th June RIP to the many men who lost their lives at this horrific battle 75 years ago. 75 years a long time yes, but not that long ago either.
I salute all the veterans who were there at the D Day anniversary.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:16 am 
Odin

I’d pick Donald Trump over Nick Clegg any day of the week. Like you say Poli, it’s about your promises to those who put you in office. If you break that promise, like so many British politicians are doing now, if you no longer represent your constituents, like Yvette Cooper, then you cannot be trusted.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:01 pm 
Person of Interest

Are you saying. Tig, that Trump makes promises to the electorate...and then lies, or obfuscates to crash his policies through?
That's a great idea!
(Anyone from Brexit reading this)?

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next