PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Nebuchadnezzar's dream
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:34 pm 

Daniel 2:1-3

And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar, Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him.

Then the king commanded to call the magicians, and the astrologers, and the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans, for to shew the king his dreams. So they came and stood before the king.

And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream.

Post subject: Re: Nebuchadnezzar's dream
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:00 am 
Odin

Leah wrote:

And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar, Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him.

Then the king commanded to call the magicians, and the astrologers, and the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans, for to shew the king his dreams. So they came and stood before the king.

And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream.

Perhaps he shouldn’t have been eating cheese after 9pm..

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:59 am 
Person of Interest

Hasn't he got a servant to mop up after his wet dreams?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:47 am 

Nebuchadnezzar defeated Jehoiakim and after the fall of Jerusalem many people were taken into captivity in Babylon. Daniel and his 3 friends were chosen for their intellect and beauty to be trained in the Babylonian courts. They were given new names: Belteshazzar, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.

So, the wise men of Babylon said to Nebuchadnezzar that only the Gods could interpret the dream...

Daniel 2:12
For this cause the king was angry and very furious, and commanded to destroy all the wise men of Babylon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:09 am 

Daniel and his friends plead with God for mercy not to be executed with the rest of the wise men.

Daniel 2:19 and 24

During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision.

Then Daniel went to Arioch, whom the king had appointed to execute the wise men of Babylon, and said to him, “Do not execute the wise men of Babylon. Take me to the king, and I will interpret his dream for him.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:23 pm 
Person of Interest

And on his journey to see the King Daniel came upon a lion in distress and Daniel, who was a real do gooder, went to remove a thorn from the lion's foot. The lion showed his gratitude by not eating him and Daniel was able to go upon his way, little knowing the startling future fate had in store for him, or of the Lions intent before his act of kindness.
Dongs 2.2.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:32 pm 
King cosy

tiggy wrote:
Leah wrote:

Perhaps he shouldn’t have been eating cheese after 9pm..
[rofl02.gif]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:38 pm 
Person of Interest

Daniel of course is an idjit. I mean, who would ever go up to a raging lion and offer to help. Which I suppose is why he was chosen to make the journey for the king in the first place, the King excusing him from slaughter because he is an idjit.

Some people see this as a miracle.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:11 pm 

Dong wrote:
Daniel of course is an idjit. I mean, who would ever go up to a raging lion and offer to help. Which I suppose is why he was chosen to make the journey for the king in the first place, the King excusing him from slaughter because he is an idjit.

This was when Belshazzar was slain and Darius the Mede took over the kingdom. Belshazzar was Nebuchadnezzar's son and he was a bit of an idiot.

Darius issued an edict and enforced the decree that anyone who prays to any god or human being during the next thirty days, shall be thrown into the lions’ den.

This is when Daniel was thrown in the lions den and this is chapter 6.

I'm on chapter 2.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:19 pm 
Nip and Nap

Leah wrote:
Dong wrote:

This was when Belshazzar was slain and Darius the Mede took over the kingdom. Belshazzar was Nebuchadnezzar's son and he was a bit of an idiot.

Darius issued an edict and enforced the decree that anyone who prays to any god or human being during the next thirty days, shall be thrown into the lions’ den.

This is when Daniel was thrown in the lions den and this is chapter 6.

I'm on chapter 2.

Aren't you a bit old for fairy tales?

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next