PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Too much 'me too.?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:13 pm 
Person of Interest

Daughter came the other day, dragging the Gdaughter with her, who is on her hols at the moment. She is very much, too much an in your face sort of 14 year old girl, at the top of her voice usually.
Anyhow, the discussion got round to the new royal baby and Mrs D, in her forthright way, wondered out loud about it's colour, when it is born.

Then she started. It was as though we had suggested the child be put down. Now. We know that this is a very delicate subject but? to discuss this in our own home seems to me to be perfectly legit. nowhere was rampant racism apparent yet the Gdaughter, as though bursting with pent up 'me too' let off a rant the size of China. 'What does it's colour matter...why are you even talking about it...It doesn't matter...all you old people are the same etc etc. (that one hurt).

You may wonder why she talks like that to her Gparents, well all I can say about that is that you should hear the way she speaks to, and of, her own parents: I blame the Mother.

What are they taught in schools these days? That conversation is dead and the world lives by the loudest voice?

Post subject: Re: Too much 'me too.?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:27 am 
Site Admin

I agree with her, to many people (especially older people and blacks) bring up the subject of colour. Its old fashioned, colour should never be an issue, its should never need to be discussed. We are all "people" and the longer older people and blacks keep bringing the matter up the longer it'll be before people realize this. Once all us oldies are dead and the youngsters have grown up there will be little or no racism on this continent. Well not between blacks and whites anyway.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:41 pm 
Person of Interest

fastcars wrote:
I agree with her, to many people (especially older people and blacks) bring up the subject of colour. Its old fashioned, colour should never be an issue, its should never need to be discussed. We are all "people" and the longer older people and blacks keep bringing the matter up the longer it'll be before people realize this. Once all us oldies are dead and the youngsters have grown up there will be little or no racism on this continent. Well not between blacks and whites anyway.

Don't buy that! I am sure there will still be discussion, opinion whatever. That is not necessarily of racist intent!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:57 pm 
Person of Interest

To qualify my post above, I believe that we are all, to a degree, racist. it all began with Homo Sapiens and his riots with Neanderthal man, tribe against tribe, race against race, hairy against smooth, fair against dark.
Thousands of years of genetic and inbred likes and dislikes.
It'll take a while to breed that lot out of our make up. All we can do is to supress it as best we can, that's what civilised people do.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:43 am 
Mrs Pepper

fastcars wrote:

What’s wrong with wondering if the child will be born with a darker skin or lighter, same as will it have red black or blonde hair. Or colour of its eyes. Some black people are blacker than others, some white people are paler than others. In this instance Mrs Dong was talking about shade rather than colour and why on earth can’t she, has nothing to do with her age, was merely a wonder, a question.
And I agree Dong she shouldn’t talk To her grandparents like that. I’d slap my son if he did that to my mum. No matter how old he is. It’s all to do with respect. Discusss it sure, ha e a strong opinion fine, but not go off like that and be rude.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:05 pm 
Person of Interest

Well, we do love the Gdaughter to bits. She's such a whizz-bang full of spirit and energy despite living with diabetes one, which was diagnosed when she was just six.

I suppose that in an attempt to help her deal with her life we have all always encouraged her to be strong, in both opinion and will. She goes over the edge sometimes but, on this occasion, having slammed out of the house she came back a few moments later to give us all a hug so...perhaps we got something right.

And. until the day my house is bugged by the government. I shall continue with my freedom of expression in my own house: and even then I may choose to ignore the regime.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:09 am 

Fight the power Dong [eng1.gif]

Start with the London Eye. Everyone knows government is using it for fracking :shhh:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:59 am 
Person of Interest

What rubbish. The eye is a portal into the fifth dimension, giving us all a view of the UK post Brexit.

Not many want to go twice!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:22 pm 

Oh you're such a fool :rolleyes:
The government drugs people before they even get on it. Just look around central London. the proofs right in front of you :snooty:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:33 pm 
Person of Interest

They are not drugged, you idjit; they are exhausted because of the need to maintain top Text.
They totter around like sad sacks making and taking utter gutter on their Daemens...Have you read Phillip Pullman?

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next