PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 4
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: My kids went to uni
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:06 pm 
Offline
Shit shoveller
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:14 am
Posts: 13036
Seems to be the latest bragging tool for low achieving parents
They've been through a pretty unremarkable life them selves and pin all hope on their kids to cover up what losers they are
Going to uni isn't a guarantee for a good career
Many who get them selves in to debt end up with a useless degree with no serious employment prospects
By all means be proud of your kids
But do drop the my kids went to uni bragging [adrian.gif]

_________________
if I offend you in any way
don't worry im just exercising my right to freedom of speech


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My kids went to uni
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:21 pm 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 19528
Location: Valhöll
thin ice wrote:
Seems to be the latest bragging tool for low achieving parents
They've been through a pretty unremarkable life them selves and pin all hope on their kids to cover up what losers they are
Going to uni isn't a guarantee for a good career
Many who get them selves in to debt end up with a useless degree with no serious employment prospects
By all means be proud of your kids
But do drop the my kids went to uni bragging [adrian.gif]

Going to university doesn't make you a pilar of the community, no more so than being brought up on a council estate, makes you lower class.

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My kids went to uni
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:05 pm 
Offline
Southern Fairy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:51 am
Posts: 6908
Location: The Shire
There's a woman at work who uses this very topic as a badge of honour like you wouldn't believe.

In my job if you are a TA, a nursery nurse qualification is quite suitable, hence why I got the job.

This new headmistress hires TAs with degrees (non teaching) then wonders why they can't be left with children. She has a very snobby attitude to those without degrees and the more people realise that degrees don't give you common sense or an upper hand, the better.

_________________
Tegrin spelt backward is nirget


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My kids went to uni
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:26 pm 
Offline
cont. on page 273. . . .

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:01 pm
Posts: 4792
tiggy wrote:
. . . Going to university doesn't make you a pilar of the community, no more so than being brought up on a council estate. . . . . .


I absolutely agree, I always told my kids that they needed to be able to buy their own round, tell a good joke and be good to people if they weren't going to end up like me - oh, that and a work ethic (I always forget the work ethic). They all seem to have followed that advice and all ended up going to uni.

However having seen how hard they worked, how well they're doing and how highly regarded they are by others, including their peers, I allow myself the odd moment of obscene pride.

Mind you I also complain that I should have told them to become plumbers - I'm not going to get a decent pension out of any of them! [adrian.gif]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My kids went to uni
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:56 pm 
Offline
King cosy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:16 pm
Posts: 27673
Location: maine road
my youngest son went to newcastle uni,sauntered through his degree and his now a systems analyst for a very well known food company
but aah am i proud of him tho :think:

















of course i fckn am :proud:

_________________
A BREAST IN THE HAND,IS WORTH TWO IN A BRA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My kids went to uni
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:57 pm 
Offline
Shit shoveller
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:14 am
Posts: 13036
cosy,m wrote:
my youngest son went to newcastle uni,sauntered through his degree and his now a systems analyst for a very well known food company
but aah am i proud of him tho :think:

















of course i fckn am :proud:


he counts beans as they go into a tin [adrian.gif]

_________________
if I offend you in any way
don't worry im just exercising my right to freedom of speech


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My kids went to uni
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:59 pm 
Offline
King cosy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:16 pm
Posts: 27673
Location: maine road
sighs my money put him thru uni you clown
its not cheap you know,all them caps and gowns
and sending him up emergency pasta parcels.

_________________
A BREAST IN THE HAND,IS WORTH TWO IN A BRA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My kids went to uni
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 5494
thin ice wrote:
Seems to be the latest bragging tool for low achieving parents
They've been through a pretty unremarkable life them selves and pin all hope on their kids to cover up what losers they are
Going to uni isn't a guarantee for a good career
Many who get them selves in to debt end up with a useless degree with no serious employment prospects
By all means be proud of your kids
But do drop the my kids went to uni bragging [adrian.gif]


I assume this is aimed at the lovely me.

Some people need to know the truth about some of your various online bragging. How you make out you are an elderly Casanova. Which you're not.

I was told this in person by the person. Straight from the horses mouth. Yes you did meet, that is true, but the truth is you had absolutely nothing to say for yourself, not a bean, no personality or anything interesting to say. You had no ability whatsoever to engage in conversation.

It was a strained awkward meeting and they were not attracted to you and buggered off as soon as they could, leaving you sat there alone.

Enjoy.

:think:

_________________
Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Plato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My kids went to uni
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:48 pm 
Offline
TrannyManWhore
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:58 pm
Posts: 20897
Daughter number 1 uni and a degree in education and sycolgy. Still ain't working and ain't got a ounce of coman sence. In fact it's safe to say she is as thick as shit when it comes to real life. A beautiful son whom I wouldn't do without my ill T but she sit on her lazy arse doing fook all.


Daughter number 2 left school with fook all did hairdressing as a Saturday job passed her 3 year training with flying colours. Went into barbering loved it. She now own her own house with her chap of 8 years has a beautiful daughter whom again I love dearly. And as more coman sence in her lil toe that daughter number 1 as in her whole body.

A degree now adays means fook all unless it's either law finance or other big stuff.

_________________
Some people think they are champagne in a tall glass, when I fact they're Luke warm piss in a plastic cup .................


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My kids went to uni
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:04 am
Posts: 5494
sunny wrote:
Daughter number 1 uni and a degree in education and sycolgy. Still ain't working and ain't got a ounce of coman sence. In fact it's safe to say she is as thick as shit when it comes to real life. A beautiful son whom I wouldn't do without my ill T but she sit on her lazy arse doing fook all.


Daughter number 2 left school with fook all did hairdressing as a Saturday job passed her 3 year training with flying colours. Went into barbering loved it. She now own her own house with her chap of 8 years has a beautiful daughter whom again I love dearly. And as more coman sence in her lil toe that daughter number 1 as in her whole body.

A degree now adays means fook all unless it's either law finance or other big stuff.


That's another thread all on its own, statistically a degree, will earn far more over a lifetime overall than not having one. I do agree it depends on the degree when it comes to earning the big bucks and sometimes even just a degree isn't enough these days.

_________________
Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Plato


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 4
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson. Stone textures by Patty Herford.
With special thanks to RuneVillage


Templatesdragon  styles collection