PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 3
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The end of the world!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:47 am 
Offline
Person of Interest

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 pm
Posts: 1110
They said it would never happen, they laughed at the smug, fat but scary Kim Jong-Un and his threats: then it happened.

Word came in that rockets were on their way to Guam, Japan and...America. America responded with it's mighty fire power and most of both South and North Korea were reduced to rubble. The death count was enormous.

The great scare was that radiation would spread across the world, causing misery and a lingering death to hundreds of millions of people.

One rocket, from North Korea, malfunctioned, allowing the Japanese some relief but there was a small, limited explosion on American soil and there were many casualties.

Radiation though was the big worry and the rest of the world went underground, to wait out the period of radiation, which is how I come to be writing this brief history of the conflict from my damp cavern deep under the Welsh hills.

It's not so bad; at least I have my books which is where I get my views of a world I had but briefly seen. It is pleasant to think that there is no threat from any disturbed Politician now.
Politics is treated as is treason and blasphemy and punished accordingly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The end of the world!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:02 pm 
Offline
Person of Interest

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 pm
Posts: 1110
How do I know all this you may ask?...I'll tell you.

You see, I speak spoon; and this morning, the spoon came up with the dishwater, last out as usual.

It isn't always there but, when it is to be found lurking in the bottom of the bowl it is usually worth listening to. Some spoons know, you know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The end of the world!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:50 pm 
Offline
King cosy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:16 pm
Posts: 24028
Location: maine road
:rolleyes:

_________________
every time you try and hurt our city,we just get stronger.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The end of the world!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:18 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:47 pm
Posts: 39205
Location: Next pub on the left
cosy,m wrote:
:rolleyes:

You're supposed to be mentoring him [spank.gif]


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The end of the world!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:43 pm 
Offline
King cosy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:16 pm
Posts: 24028
Location: maine road
look dong you will be coming up for review soon when if you reach a 1000 posts you get a monicker we all do apart from butch
and I sit on the panel when choosing a name
so sort it out man ok?

_________________
every time you try and hurt our city,we just get stronger.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The end of the world!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:44 pm 
Offline
Succubus
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 4012
Dong wrote:
They said it would never happen, they laughed at the smug, fat but scary Kim Jong-Un and his threats: then it happened.

Word came in that rockets were on their way to Guam, Japan and...America. America responded with it's mighty fire power and most of both South and North Korea were reduced to rubble. The death count was enormous.

The great scare was that radiation would spread across the world, causing misery and a lingering death to hundreds of millions of people.

One rocket, from North Korea, malfunctioned, allowing the Japanese some relief but there was a small, limited explosion on American soil and there were many casualties.

Radiation though was the big worry and the rest of the world went underground, to wait out the period of radiation, which is how I come to be writing this brief history of the conflict from my damp cavern deep under the Welsh hills.

It's not so bad; at least I have my books which is where I get my views of a world I had but briefly seen. It is pleasant to think that there is no threat from any disturbed Politician now.
Politics is treated as is treason and blasphemy and punished accordingly.

I have enough rations to last a year underground here, a few basic tools and equipment that I've stored away for such an event as this. A quiet, secluded, deep cavern with an underground spring.
My biggest fear is the isolation and the onset of madness. I've seen Cast Away with Tom Hanks where he befriends Wilson, th ball. I won't be befriending you like that Spoony.

_________________
Beauty is not in the face, it is a light in the heart - Kahil Gibran


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The end of the world!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:12 am 
Offline
Person of Interest

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 pm
Posts: 1110
Hey Echo...you know what spoons do, don't you! [confused1.gif]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The end of the world!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:59 am 
Offline
Succubus
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:10 pm
Posts: 4012
Dong wrote:
Hey Echo...you know what spoons do, don't you! [confused1.gif]


Um... yes, and I'm typing that in a very cautious tone.
Why?

_________________
Beauty is not in the face, it is a light in the heart - Kahil Gibran


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The end of the world!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:06 am 
Offline
Person of Interest

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 pm
Posts: 1110
Echo wrote:
Dong wrote:
Hey Echo...you know what spoons do, don't you! [confused1.gif]


Um... yes, and I'm typing that in a very cautious tone.
Why?


Well. apart from stirring things up, they also help the medicine go down. [rofl02.gif]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The end of the world!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:54 pm 
Offline
The Mackem
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 5:06 pm
Posts: 4462
Image

Might help [shrug65465.gif]

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 3
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson. Stone textures by Patty Herford.
With special thanks to RuneVillage


Templatesdragon  styles collection