PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 311 of 312
 [ 3120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 308, 309, 310, 311, 312  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What have you learned today?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:35 pm 
Offline
Spartacus
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:56 pm
Posts: 19642
Location: in my cat basket
Peeks wrote:
I’m so bloody clever :thumbsup:

You only just learnt that????? :biggrin: I could have told you that years ago [9n5.gif]

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you learned today?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:35 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:47 pm
Posts: 41333
Location: Next pub on the left
Its cheaper to fly to England and hire a car for 9 days than to catch the ferry and bring your own car for the same period of time. And not by a little amount either. Over 40% cheaper! :shock:


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you learned today?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:47 pm
Posts: 846
Location: Starry Starry Night
Caught a ferry to Jersey with my car (and 1 other), £340. So enjoyed the journey [thumbsup.png] saw dolphins, ate sandwiches, went outside and on the viewing deck. It costs £80 something to fly. I'd rather pay the extra, it was such fun!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you learned today?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:21 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:47 pm
Posts: 41333
Location: Next pub on the left
Leah wrote:
Caught a ferry to Jersey with my car (and 1 other), £340. So enjoyed the journey [thumbsup.png] saw dolphins, ate sandwiches, went outside and on the viewing deck. It costs £80 something to fly. I'd rather pay the extra, it was such fun!

I've travelled back and forth across the channel an average of 4 times a year for the last 30 years using every type of transport imaginable. The fun of the trip has been replaced by convienience and price. P & O attempted (again) to rob me blind by charging 400 quid for a 14 hour ferry trip for me and my battered old car. With easy jet the trip will only take an hour and I get a brand new car to use for my stay for just 212 quid. Its a no brainer if you ask me.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you learned today?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts: 5099
Location: Fuckinstain
You need to be a little careful of car hire companies. :shifty:
Hiring a car's a good idea, but you need to be really careful with it and paid for the extra insurance [thumbsup.png]
Once or twice I've damaged one and there bill cost more than the holiday [9n5.gif]

The one that annoyed me the most was time the wind caught the door just as I was opening it and slammed it into post. :rolleyes:

It was only a small dent.... they charged £400 for the repair :crying:

There a bit funny about milage too. I handed one back with 700 miles on it after a few days and got a bill. I'd use the car to drive to Glasgow back, it was when that Iceland volcano dust thingy was going on and the airports all shut down :think:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you learned today?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:47 pm
Posts: 41333
Location: Next pub on the left
Baby Gravy wrote:
You need to be a little careful of car hire companies. :shifty:
Hiring a car's a good idea, but you need to be really careful with it and paid for the extra insurance [thumbsup.png]
Once or twice I've damaged one and there bill cost more than the holiday [9n5.gif]

The one that annoyed me the most was time the wind caught the door just as I was opening it and slammed it into post. :rolleyes:

It was only a small dent.... they charged £400 for the repair :crying:

There a bit funny about milage too. I handed one back with 700 miles on it after a few days and got a bill. I'd use the car to drive to Glasgow back, it was when that Iceland volcano dust thingy was going on and the airports all shut down :think:

I totally agree with everything you say. With the basic insurance I'd be liable for the first 1000 pounds of damage (assuming the damage was my fault). I've been driving for 40 years and never once had an accident that was due to my negligence and I can count the amount of times I've caused minor damage on half of one hand so the chances of anything happening in the few days I've got the car are so tiny its a risk worth taking. A risk I've taken many times before over the years so im quids in even if i do have a crash.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you learned today?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts: 5099
Location: Fuckinstain
Look at he car too :wink_smile:

I ordered a Fiat 500 for a week. I'd had to be in a "congestion zone" and parking was limited. They gave me the Fiat 500X thingy [spank.gif]

It was bigger than my work van [rofl02.gif]

Totally useless and after a few hours handed it back :crying:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you learned today?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts: 5099
Location: Fuckinstain
Those sodding seagulls are starting to take advantage of me [1744330pz84739fis.gif]

One watched me doing my housework thru the window.

When I got to the air fryer this seagull started screaming its head until I'd emptied all the cooking fat into an old plastic tub and left it outside for it [9n5.gif]

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you learned today?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:30 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:47 pm
Posts: 41333
Location: Next pub on the left
Baby Gravy wrote:
Those sodding seagulls are starting to take advantage of me [1744330pz84739fis.gif]

One watched me doing my housework thru the window.

When I got to the air fryer this seagull started screaming its head until I'd emptied all the cooking fat into an old plastic tub and left it outside for it [9n5.gif]

Its a bit like people who live near airports complaining about planes. If you dont like seagulls dont live by the sea. Simples.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you learned today?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:34 pm 
Offline
Person of Interest

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 pm
Posts: 4029
Or the people by The Tate Modern Museum, having bought their new flats for up to £3m only to discover they are closely overlooked by the museum's viewing gallery.
They went to court where the wise old judge told them to buy net curtains.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 311 of 312
 [ 3120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 308, 309, 310, 311, 312  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson. Stone textures by Patty Herford.
With special thanks to RuneVillage


Templatesdragon  styles collection