PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Extinction rebellion.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:36 pm 
Person of Interest

I wonder if they really believe that they have any chance of success in saving our planet, which in any way is not really as much under threat as they would have you believe?
Extremely, they would have us return almost to a peasant economy, banning meat, combustion engines, planes and all sorts of transport, and a total dependence upon windmills etc. for out power supplies, which won't be too great in their world.
Zero emissions they cry. I wonder if the cry is heard in China and all he other developing countries?
Worse! I truly wonder if anything can be done to save this world where wealth is everything.

Post subject: Re: Extinction rebellion.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:16 pm 
Mrs Pepper

Bunch of selfish idiots. We’re planning to stop traffic over WestminsterBridge where access to Guys and St Thomas Hospital is, saying emergency vehicles were going to be let through but Dictating who else can access it. Who do they think they are, people maybe going in for operations, dialysis, chemotherapy, not to mention the jam up it could of caused for ambulances etc. I heard their plans yesterday and heard first thing this morning some arrests were being made but no idea If they succeeded in blocking this road or not in the end. I hope not, this is not the way to do things and I have zero time for them because of this.
I’m all for protecting the environment however but have no wish to listen to this bunch of idiotic selfish egotistical tw*ts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:17 pm 
Odin

There’s no real thought been given by most of those kids who parade through the streets, banners and placards held proudly, decrying their parents...

.. probably the ones who were trucked into town in mummy and daddy’s 4x4... quick snack at McDonald’s, text to mates to meet up.. all the mod cons that mummy and daddy have provided..

As I walked past the banners a few weeks back, I wondered how many of them actually did anything to tidy up the environment, instead of adding to the mire...

.. very few, I’d imagine..

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:11 am 
Person of Interest

Mmmm! Interesting, innit? that we support a generous welfare system in this country which allows these noisy shirkers to do what they do.
How can they demonstrate for weeks at a time, and have a job?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:00 pm 
Odin

It’s a collective, not a selective blame... those kids out on the street, complaining about the demise of the environment have had an input into that negligence. Their use of petrol driven cars, diesel.. their use of modern technology without asking how it was mass produced... even down to the clothes they wear..

If you want people to listen, don’t go pointing fingers... take some responsibility. These kids don’t want to go back to the Stone Age, but on the other hand, they have to realise they will themselves pay for their devices..

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..

[ 5 posts ]