All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: UNIVERSAL CREDIT
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:49 pm 
Silent Assassin

fastcars wrote:
Amber wrote:
You can tell the ones who have a blessed life on this thread [adrian.gif]

As far as I'm aware Universal Credit is paid to people who are capable of working but dont, if you're incapable of working you recieve a disability benefit which you have every right to have and which i'm sure few would question. My comments were clearly aimed at those who have for years made a living for themselves on the dole and have no intention of working all the time the state is prepared to look after them. I know plenty of these people as i'm sure you do to. I dont consider those who have grafted all their lifes as being blessed and i see no reason why working people shouldnt feel agrieved by those who quite clearly dont lift a finger to help themselves and until Universal Credit came along were happy to live on the handouts and free housing they were being given by government. As has been shown by the success rates in the areas Universal Credit has been in force the longest if you limit what these people get as a free handout its amazing how quickly they can find work.

Yes I know people who play the system and have no excuse for not working. I have little or no time for people like that and have no intention of defending them.

Yes, if you are fit and/or able to work and support yourself without relying on benefits, food banks and the goodwill of others, you are blessed. Blessings come in many forms. You can be blessed and still feel aggrieved about those who don't lift a finger and make a career out of playing the system; if they put the same amount of effort into working...yada yada yada.

However
tiggy wrote:
Disability benefits need to be scrapped... scroungers heading to the doctors for a sick note, so they can get an extra few Bob ...

fastcars wrote:
cosy,m wrote:
hmm maybe not talking out yer arse
but you don't know the full facts.

I have first hand experience of people on universal credit. Leave them with no food and no money and you'll be amazed how quickly they can find a job.

Food banks should be banned. All they do is prolong the date people start working for their keep.

sweeps everyone up and paints them with the same brush as the malingerers and ne'er do wells.
I fully support getting those that play the system back into work. What I don't support is sweeping generalisations/implications that everyone can work and that anyone who needs help, from food banks or housing benefit (now lumped into that catch-all of Universal Credit) or wherever, just needs to get a job.

There are genuine people who need help, through no fault of their own and not because of idleness or malingering. To deny that help shows a lack of empathy and compassion for those in genuine need. May you be blessed to continue to be able to work and support yourself and never find yourself in that position, and if you do find yourself in that position, may you be blessed to find yourself dealing with people who have empathy and compassion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:08 pm 
King cosy

fckn top[ post that ambo luv
im not being patronising,well I was calling you luv
ok can we say condescending then
you are right in a way but I think your portfolio is upside down
you haven't got the full facts madam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Amber wrote:
fastcars wrote:
Amber wrote:
You can tell the ones who have a blessed life on this thread [adrian.gif]

As far as I'm aware Universal Credit is paid to people who are capable of working but dont, if you're incapable of working you recieve a disability benefit which you have every right to have and which i'm sure few would question. My comments were clearly aimed at those who have for years made a living for themselves on the dole and have no intention of working all the time the state is prepared to look after them. I know plenty of these people as i'm sure you do to. I dont consider those who have grafted all their lifes as being blessed and i see no reason why working people shouldnt feel agrieved by those who quite clearly dont lift a finger to help themselves and until Universal Credit came along were happy to live on the handouts and free housing they were being given by government. As has been shown by the success rates in the areas Universal Credit has been in force the longest if you limit what these people get as a free handout its amazing how quickly they can find work.

Yes I know people who play the system and have no excuse for not working. I have little or no time for people like that and have no intention of defending them.

Yes, if you are fit and/or able to work and support yourself without relying on benefits, food banks and the goodwill of others, you are blessed. Blessings come in many forms. You can be blessed and still feel aggrieved about those who don't lift a finger and make a career out of playing the system; if they put the same amount of effort into working...yada yada yada.

However
tiggy wrote:
Disability benefits need to be scrapped... scroungers heading to the doctors for a sick note, so they can get an extra few Bob ...

fastcars wrote:
cosy,m wrote:
hmm maybe not talking out yer arse
but you don't know the full facts.

I have first hand experience of people on universal credit. Leave them with no food and no money and you'll be amazed how quickly they can find a job.

Food banks should be banned. All they do is prolong the date people start working for their keep.

sweeps everyone up and paints them with the same brush as the malingerers and ne'er do wells.
I fully support getting those that play the system back into work. What I don't support is sweeping generalisations/implications that everyone can work and that anyone who needs help, from food banks or housing benefit (now lumped into that catch-all of Universal Credit) or wherever, just needs to get a job.

There are genuine people who need help, through no fault of their own and not because of idleness or malingering. To deny that help shows a lack of empathy and compassion for those in genuine need. May you be blessed to continue to be able to work and support yourself and never find yourself in that position, and if you do find yourself in that position, may you be blessed to find yourself dealing with people who have empathy and compassion.

So long as I have two arms and two legs I will work. Even if I did lose an arm or a leg I would still find a way of earning a living. I don't consider that a blessing. Its a positive attribute that we should all have instilled in us.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

cosy,m wrote:
fckn top[ post that ambo luv
im not being patronising,well I was calling you luv
ok can we say condescending then
you are right in a way but I think your portfolio is upside down
you haven't got the full facts madam

Of course you agree, you're one of those screwing the system.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:52 pm 
King cosy

Baby Gravy wrote:
Amber yet again failed to see the real change in the new system :rolleyes:

The services job centres offered are no longer available to UC claimants.

All the funds that were previously spent helping the long term unemployed into work are no longer available too. Instead the funds are now aim at those on disability benefits only.

People who enter the benefits system on disability grounds years ago are required to attend "job coaching sessions".i know where you are coming from ive been assigned a work coach
its ridicolous like im ever gonna speak to her
i just sit

In real terms there is now more help for the disabled at the expense of abled bodied.
have i fckd this up i got assigned a work coach
but i just sit there and say fux

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:21 pm 
King cosy

you see erm theres good and bad in everybody
some are jobsworths some arent
my hatred of queen boadicea knows no bounds
but like i said just doing a job isnt she
i wish her no malice or harm
i just wish she heard me out a bit
problem with me i get a bit cocky sometimes
she knew i was coming and shes got bosses
look qb rinse him if you dont he will have you over

you be tying his shoe laces and pulling up his zip next
thats what these scallies do

and honest to jesus fckn christ
she fckn rinsed me man

ive never been turned over by a woman
till her

but as i said up there i bear no animosity its her job innit to sort the wheat from the chaff
i just wish she would have listened to me a bit more
let me say summat
but no aah but i spotted the camera she was getting monitored by her bosses
soon as i saw that well i told you on another thread
might as well go ta ra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:42 am 
Person of Interest

"" you're one of those screwing the system.""

Course he is. he's screwed everything else!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:10 pm 

Working with the system..in the system of linking others for help and support can be tricky. Bottom line they have specific guide lines, protocols they must follow for all. Not a system built of one has problems all have same. Sadly, and have to, may group together specific requirements or needs. Almost like our Social Security benefits. Was not made for when you retired you got a monthly amount. It is a supplement to help. Not support all needs. This also has certain requirements at age 62, 65, now 70..you have to show you were employed straight 10 years. You paid into system..your employer always contributed. All I do agree today that term, "nothing is free" comes at a cost or requirement to qualify.

Post subject: Re: Sitting Pretty
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:00 pm 
King cosy

serious question
so whats my best options now ive been dumped on universal credit?
as in housing benefit,landlords etc
ive not had many money for 2 week

oh ps i know theres a thread on about uc somewhere i forgot

its that dong regurgitating again

Post subject: Re: Sitting Pretty
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:20 pm 

cosy,m wrote:
serious question
so whats my best options now ive been dumped on universal credit?
as in housing benefit,landlords etc
ive not had many money for 2 week

oh ps i know theres a thread on about uc somewhere i forgot

its that dong regurgitating again

Depends on when they moved you on to UC.

From the start of Apr 2019 you can apply for an advice payment of uc. The idea is this money will keep you going until the first payment comes thru. They take it back each month like the old crisis loans.

See:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... e-payment/

If you have been claiming over 6 months you can apply for a budgeting loan.

The old housing benefit system gone the way bell bottoms and boob tubes.

It's all one payment now.

My advice would be to put this part of the uc payment on direct payment to your landlord. They will do it if you moan like hell and go down there pissed and smelling of cider.

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next