Post subject: Re: It's not a game.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:11 am 
Mrs Pepper

Could also get run over by a bus [shrug65465.gif]
Things happen.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:37 am 
Person of Interest

And that, FP, is a really stupid comment, if you don't mind my saying so!
It's not you under a bus I worry about, but the lives of children, people, that are subsumed by the shit they watch.
Course, If one of them was so stirred up that he flattened you under a bus......well?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:10 am 
Mrs Pepper

Dong wrote:
And that, FP, is a really stupid comment, if you don't mind my saying so!
It's not you under a bus I worry about, but the lives of children, people, that are subsumed by the shit they watch.
Course, If one of them was so stirred up that he flattened you under a bus......well?

I do mind you saying actually, yes.
I don’t think it’s a stupid comment at all, anyone could get run over, yes the chances are small, but so to are the chances that someone watching a video game turns them into some violent murderer.
Thousand upon thousand of people are avid gamers, even playing in real-time against other people, but they rarely then take that out on the street.
Knife crime for instance doesn’t stem from gaming it stems from kids with a lack of discipline and order in their life, wether that be a poor home life or upbringing, or authorities such as the police or schools not being able to install proper control, who get involved in gangs on the street. The next kid then fears the gangs and carries protection, and the cycle continues.
And yes I do feel a strong enough discipline and punishment to these particularly disruptive and badly behaved young kids at an early age, catching the smaller problems first, insisting and instilling respect, even fear if you like in those that need it, in authority and authoritive figures would prevent a whole lot of problems escalating into violent knife wielding gang members and thugs.
IMO of course, stupid or not.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:11 am 
Person of Interest

""Knife crime for instance doesn’t stem from gaming.""

That's just your point of view. neither of us can speak with authority on the causes of present day violence......and let us not forget present day attitudes.
It just so happens that my point of view is that A diet of pawn, violence, killing and maiming and blood is not the way to a quiet life.
It must though affect some people, and these are the ones we have suffered from: and will again suffer from.

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2