PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pneumococcal vaccine
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:33 pm 

Quote:
Pneumococcal vaccines are vaccines against the bacteria Streptococcus pneumoniae. Their use can prevent some cases of pneumonia, meningitis, and sepsis.

It was announced in February 2006 that the UK government would introduce vaccination with the conjugate vaccine in children aged 2, 4 and 13 months.[12][13] This included changes to the immunisation programme in general.[14] In 2009, the European Medicines Agency approved the use of a 10 valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine for use in Europe.[15] The 13 valent pneumococcal vaccine was introduced in the routine immunization schedule of the UK in April 2010.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumococcal_vaccine

Flu and pneumonia have been deadly this winter. I've never had this vaccine and there cant be many who have. They only started the vaccination program 7/8 years ago.

Do you think its worth asking for [shrug65465.gif]

Post subject: Re: Pneumococcal vaccine
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:53 am 
cont. on page 273. . . .

What is the data like on its effectiveness?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:55 am 
Person of Interest

Baby Gravy wrote:
Quote:
Pneumococcal vaccines are vaccines against the bacteria Streptococcus pneumoniae. Their use can prevent some cases of pneumonia, meningitis, and sepsis.

It was announced in February 2006 that the UK government would introduce vaccination with the conjugate vaccine in children aged 2, 4 and 13 months.[12][13] This included changes to the immunisation programme in general.[14] In 2009, the European Medicines Agency approved the use of a 10 valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine for use in Europe.[15] The 13 valent pneumococcal vaccine was introduced in the routine immunization schedule of the UK in April 2010.

Flu and pneumonia have been deadly this winter. I've never had this vaccine and there cant be many who have. They only started the vaccination program 7/8 years ago.

Well. I get my jab every year and have not had flu since 1962.The bout I had recently was very half hearted and probably weakened because of my jab.

The pneumonia jab is every five years, I think, and I have not had pneumonia either, ever.

Consider!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:25 am 

Quote:
Persons at risk for pneumococcal infection
Individuals older than 65 years
History of chronic disease
Immunocompromised individuals (HIV/AIDS or blood borne dyscrasias)
Patients with cochlear implants or chronic cerebrospinal fluid leak
Residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
Asthmatics 18 years and older
Smokers

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/pneumo ... index.html

Its not the flu jab dong.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

Dong wrote:
Baby Gravy wrote:
Quote:

Well. I get my jab every year and have not had flu since 1962.The bout I had recently was very half hearted and probably weakened because of my jab.

The pneumonia jab is every five years, I think, and I have not had pneumonia either, ever.

Consider!

You spent a full week (and more) banging on about your flu and now you tell us it was nothing more than a half hearted cold :rolleyes:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:28 pm 
Person of Interest

fastcars wrote:
Dong wrote:
Baby Gravy wrote:
Quote:

Consider!

You spent a full week (and more) banging on about your flu and now you tell us it was nothing more than a half hearted cold :rolleyes:

Ah! But I was manfully struggling to attend to Mrs D, who had the real thing; in spades.

That was harder than laying in bed, sniffing.

I, being a man, just struggled on!

[ 6 posts ]