PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lady butcher
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:00 pm 
Person of Interest

Had to go to the local surgery for blood samples today, for my sugar levels. I drew the short straw, for I got the fat nurse, she is jolly and very talkative and shit at her job.

She had four goes, with four new needles to take blood and I bled like a pig as she dug around in my poor veins.

I even bled in the high street afterwards. I should complain but, well it is the dear old NHS, it is free and she is jolly, and, if she remembers to pass the samples on in the right direction I might even get a result.

Post subject: Re: Lady butcher
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:07 pm 
Person of Interest

And...does your hospital run this new procedure?

You go in for tests for whatever and you are told you will get a letter shortly giving you a follow up date and, surprise, surprise, you do get a letter but:
no date.
So you have to ring the hospital and follow it up and that is as much fun as picking someone else's nose but...I suppose it gives them some breathing space, especially if you put a fool on the end of the telephone to deal with the complainants.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:13 am 
Spartacus

Dong wrote:
Had to go to the local surgery for blood samples today, for my sugar levels. I drew the short straw, for I got the fat nurse, she is jolly and very talkative and shit at her job.

She had four goes, with four new needles to take blood and I bled like a pig as she dug around in my poor veins.

I even bled in the high street afterwards. I should complain but, well it is the dear old NHS, it is free and she is jolly, and, if she remembers to pass the samples on in the right direction I might even get a result.

well i'm waiting two weeks for my blood tests that the doctors forgot to take in June. You say the NHS is free - it isn't we work and pay for it via our deductions. I do wish I could afford to go private at times, but the folk who work for the NHS are brilliant - even your butcher nurse :biggrin:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:41 am 
Person of Interest

Catmanblue wrote:
Dong wrote:

well i'm waiting two weeks for my blood tests that the doctors forgot to take in June. You say the NHS is free - it isn't we work and pay for it via our deductions. I do wish I could afford to go private at times, but the folk who work for the NHS are brilliant - even your butcher nurse :biggrin:

I go once a year for a private check up, for which I pay, It's like an MOT and I gladly pay for a top doc who has time to spend with me.

He has saved me several traumas and inconveniencies over the years and probably my life but......I have no real complaints of the NHS, except the time spent waiting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:23 pm 
Spartacus

Dong wrote:
Catmanblue wrote:
Dong wrote:

I go once a year for a private check up, for which I pay, It's like an MOT and I gladly pay for a top doc who has time to spend with me.

He has saved me several traumas and inconveniencies over the years and probably my life but......I have no real complaints of the NHS, except the time spent waiting.

Good idea

[ 5 posts ]