PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 5 of 6
 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hayfever
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts: 5125
Location: Fuckinstain
fastcars wrote:
I've had hat fever since the middle of February and it still doesn't look like going away even though Aprils knocking on the door. I think the only option is to destroy all trees grass and plants. Problem solved :proud:



If this started in Feb, it's not hayfever [eusa_naughty.gif]

You don't get hayfever while its cold or snowing.

Talk to your doctor, if you have a gas appliance at home or work, get it checked [thumbsup.png]

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hayfever
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:04 pm 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 19526
Location: Valhöll
Baby Gravy wrote:
fastcars wrote:
I've had hat fever since the middle of February and it still doesn't look like going away even though Aprils knocking on the door. I think the only option is to destroy all trees grass and plants. Problem solved :proud:



If this started in Feb, it's not hayfever [eusa_naughty.gif]

You don't get hayfever while its cold or snowing.

Talk to your doctor, if you have a gas appliance at home or work, get it checked [thumbsup.png]

You don’t know what you’re talking about.. many plants and trees have released their pollen early this year, because of the unseasonable weather..

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hayfever
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts: 5125
Location: Fuckinstain
Few people have a cold that lasts over a month. Hayfever is mistaken for other things too.

Quote:
See a GP if:
your symptoms don't improve after 3 weeks
your symptoms get suddenly worse
your temperature is very high or you feel hot and shivery
you're concerned about your child's symptoms
you're finding it hard to breathe or develop chest pain
you have a long-term medical condition – for example, diabetes, or a heart, lung, kidney or neurological disease
you have a weakened immune system – for example, because you're having chemotherapy


https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/common-cold/

Most central heating systems start to fail once there workload is increased during the winter months.

Quote:
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning
The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning aren't always obvious, particularly during low-level exposure.

A tension-type headache is the most common symptom of mild carbon monoxide poisoning. Other symptoms include:

dizziness
nausea (feeling sick) and vomiting
tiredness and confusion
stomach pain
shortness of breath and difficulty breathing


https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/carbon-mo ... poisoning/

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hayfever
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:50 pm 
Offline
Silent Assassin

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:45 pm
Posts: 13387
Location: Somewhere in Middle England
Trees start to release pollen in early January and continue through to late April.

And the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are nothing like hayfever [adrian.gif]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hayfever
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts: 5125
Location: Fuckinstain
His heads is so far up his own ass, I'm surprised he can smell anything :rolleyes:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hayfever
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:40 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:47 pm
Posts: 41495
Location: Next pub on the left
Amber wrote:
Trees start to release pollen in early January and continue through to late April.

And the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are nothing like hayfever [adrian.gif]

Its trees i'm allergic to and my hay fever starts every year without fail on the first full sunny day of the year. That first sunny day this year was unseasonally early so I was kinda hoping my hay fever would also finish unseasonally early. Apparently that doesnt seem to be the case, an early start doesnt mean an early finish, you just end up getting it for longer.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hayfever
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:42 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:47 pm
Posts: 41495
Location: Next pub on the left
Baby Gravy wrote:
Few people have a cold that lasts over a month. Hayfever is mistaken for other things too.

Quote:
See a GP if:
your symptoms don't improve after 3 weeks
your symptoms get suddenly worse
your temperature is very high or you feel hot and shivery
you're concerned about your child's symptoms
you're finding it hard to breathe or develop chest pain
you have a long-term medical condition – for example, diabetes, or a heart, lung, kidney or neurological disease
you have a weakened immune system – for example, because you're having chemotherapy


https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/common-cold/

Most central heating systems start to fail once there workload is increased during the winter months.

Quote:
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning
The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning aren't always obvious, particularly during low-level exposure.

A tension-type headache is the most common symptom of mild carbon monoxide poisoning. Other symptoms include:

dizziness
nausea (feeling sick) and vomiting
tiredness and confusion
stomach pain
shortness of breath and difficulty breathing


https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/carbon-mo ... poisoning/

If all the above nonsense fails a simple antihistamine tablet will do the trick.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hayfever
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts: 5125
Location: Fuckinstain
fastcars wrote:
Amber wrote:
Trees start to release pollen in early January and continue through to late April.

And the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are nothing like hayfever [adrian.gif]

Its trees i'm allergic to and my hay fever starts every year without fail on the first full sunny day of the year. That first sunny day this year was unseasonally early so I was kinda hoping my hay fever would also finish unseasonally early. Apparently that doesnt seem to be the case, an early start doesnt mean an early finish, you just end up getting it for longer.


Have you been tested or just believe it [shrug65465.gif]

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hayfever
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:34 pm 
Offline
Silent Assassin

Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:45 pm
Posts: 13387
Location: Somewhere in Middle England
Sweet Jesus some things never change :rolleyes:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hayfever
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts: 5125
Location: Fuckinstain
Self diagnosis and self medication are dangerous. The placebo effect plays a huge part in over the counter medicine sales too. Unless you have a degree in chemistry or medicine, you could be buying bat droppings mixed with cotton wool and never know it.

Over all, it's safer to see a doctor and get tested. Fastcars pays for private medical insurance: all its going to cost him is time.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 5 of 6
 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson. Stone textures by Patty Herford.
With special thanks to RuneVillage


Templatesdragon  styles collection