PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why is DAB so shit and internet radio better?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

Baby Gravy wrote:
You can sign up for a BBC global media account and use all there services if you have internet access. :whee:

Thats one way of doing it.

Or you could just download the BBC radio app. Its free. Just like I told you on page 1.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:07 pm 

As I told you before, the BBC radio app requires a log in, unlike my internet radio at home :winedrinker:

And once you start asking people to log into a streaming service, your only one step away from charging them [9n5.gif]

Or do you think they added a "log in" screen cos someone had nothing better to do [rofl02.gif]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

Nope, no login required anywhere. Download the app, click on the home page then chose the radio station you'd like to listen to. You can listen back over the whole days radio in case there was something you missed or you can scroll back a number of days if you so wish. They also have on demand comedy shows, documentaries, drama, factual, learning, news, performance and events and a whole load more. Oh and did I mention an endless list of podcasts?

Theres no need to buy an internet radio when you can download the app for free. :proud:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:06 am 

So the BBC's website is wrong :shock:

Quote:
Why must I sign in to a BBC account to listen online?

Without signing in, you‘ll be unable to play programmes or choose to benefit from programme recommendations based on what you’ve listened to. This affects all UK listeners.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/mobile/account-signin

If you live in the UK, they make you sign in. [9n5.gif]

Now my little chubby Duchman :rolleyes:

The BBC Charter was updated dated in 2016.

"The licence fee will require a new comms drive

Until now people did not need a TV licence to watch catch-up content on the iPlayer, but the Government says it will close this loophole. It stands behind the idea of the licence fee and is allowing it to again increase in line with inflation after a multi-year freeze. But it says the long-term funding picture and media landscape is uncertain, and it will allow the BBC to experiment with subscription fees for some of its content in this charter (though it sounds more likely that this would apply to overseas viewers rather than domestic viewers). All this will require careful explanation by the BBC and TV Licensing."

https://www.prweek.com/article/1394840/ ... -need-know

I didn't realize they had the green light now for this [spank.gif]

If you want to carry on arguing, read the 41 page BBC charter and come back [shrug65465.gif]

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -agreement

And I will say it again, you brought that over priced bluetooth speaker instead of a good internet radio. So the first thing you have to do in the morning.... is turn it on :rolleyes:
Unlike my internet clock radio that just wakes me up :winedrinker:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

Good evening numb nuts. I don't live in the UK so why quote me regulations that effect only UK listeners? There is absolutely no need to login to the BBCs overseas radio app. That's the "free" app I've been telling you about that's available "free" to every listener with an internet connection in the world. With absolutely no registration required. If you'd have had any idea about what you're talking about you'd have known this.

And why also do you keep bringing up the TV licence fee? The TV license is required to watch BBC TV. You don't need one to listen to BBC radio either in the UK or anywhere else in the world. That's why its called a "TV" licence and not a radio licence.

And, as of this moment you've still failed miserably to come up with any evidence that this is ever likely to change.

And regarding your outdated and soon to be defunct internet radio. Why would anyone (except you) waste their money buying one that only plays radio stations that are broadcasting at that particular moment when there are numerous "free" radio apps that store as much backlogged radio content that you can stream at a time most suitable to you.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:18 pm 

And there you have your answer: BBCs overseas radio app [9n5.gif]

It's not the same and don't offer the same services.

Quote:
Why can't I listen to certain programmes outside the UK?
Sometimes we might not be able to make certain content available outside of the UK. For example, for rights reasons we may not be able to broadcast certain sports coverage outside of the UK. Music content may also be restricted to within the UK for rights reasons. When we restrict a live radio stream outside the UK, you’ll hear a message advising that “This content is unavailable due to technical or rights reasons”. If an on-demand programme is restricted, there will be no play button and a message will display “Not Available”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/listen-outside-uk

Now me little chubby export, the TV licence may be renamed BBC media licence in the UK or BBC media subscription outside the UK in 2021.

The "evidence" for this is BBC "talent" walking out over pay cuts and the £130 million black hole in the BBC's finances. They need to raise more money and people in the UK don't want an increase in the licence fee.

So it just leaves overseas users to pick up the bill. And it's not like you can moan to your local MP and they know it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:26 am 

This service enters the UK market before the end of the year and EU soon after.

Its all the "evidence" you need fattycoont. There well on there way to charging you [001_tt2.gif]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

Baby Gravy wrote:

This service enters the UK market before the end of the year and EU soon after.

Its all the "evidence" you need fattycoont. There well on there way to charging you [001_tt2.gif]

Why do you keep trying to turn this discussion to be about television? Its absolutely nothing to do with TV. Its RADIO im referring to and to date you STILL havent been able to offer any links, reports or official documentation to confirm that the BBC are planning to charge overseas listeners. You havent produced it becasue it doesnt exist.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:40 pm 

You can't seem to grasp the concept of media :rolleyes:

No tv, no radio..... just media content. Anything thats "stream"

You need to wake up to what's happening, understand we're reaching the point where there no different between radio and tv. The old system of the combined tv & radio licencing is going. Even the performing rights society music licences are going.

Broadcasters are losing money and there reacting. For most of them its adapt or die.

Read:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... d_rev1.pdf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

And while you sit there blithering rubbish I'm sat listening to last weeks Jeremey Vine show. Via the BBC app and totally free :biggrin:

You still cant seem to come up with any details on these new radio charges you're predicting??

Profile WWW  

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next