PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

How would you vote in a second Brexit referendum?
Yes, I still want out 73%  73%  [ 8 ]
No, I want to stay in 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Re: Brexit or not?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:10 pm 

They took us into the EU in 1973 without referendum. Only after public pressure they allow one in 1975.

To vote in this referendum you needed to be born before 1954. You need to be over 64.

In 2016 in the UK, 18% of people were aged 65 and over, and 2.4% were aged 85 and over.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... n/july2017

Quote:
In accordance with the Act, the European Communities membership referendum took place on Thursday 5 June 1975, and voters approved continued EC/EEC membership by 67% to 33% on a national turnout of 64%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendum_Act_1975

Since voter turnout for the under 30's was always low and not everyone voted to join, its around 5% of the population alive today voted in favor of joining the EU.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:53 pm 
Odin

Tabby Cat wrote:
tiggy wrote:
The average man and woman in the street didn’t know very much about our trade deals with the EU or any other country across the world. Most wouldn’t know what a tariff was.

Perhaps of they did, the result would have been to stay. Instead, they just voted out on the back of lies written on a bus, and Daily Mail scare mongering.

Turkeys voting for Christmas.

You give the bus companies and the Daily Mail too much credit.. have you forgotten the forecast of the end of days from those campaigning to stay in the EU?

People vote on what affects them.. those that live inland, didn’t vote to leave for the sake of the British fishing fleet... though there was a large leave vote from areas where immigration affects their lives, such as Boston in Lincolnshire..

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 am 
Gobby Sod

Tabby are you one of these people who reckons we didnt fully understand what we were voting for?

If at first you dont succeed,skydiving is not for you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:44 am 
Nip and Nap

Batty wrote:
Tabby are you one of these people who reckons we didnt fully understand what we were voting for?

Yes.

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:47 am 
Nip and Nap

tiggy wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:
tiggy wrote:
The average man and woman in the street didn’t know very much about our trade deals with the EU or any other country across the world. Most wouldn’t know what a tariff was.

Perhaps of they did, the result would have been to stay. Instead, they just voted out on the back of lies written on a bus, and Daily Mail scare mongering.

You give the bus companies and the Daily Mail too much credit.. have you forgotten the forecast of the end of days from those campaigning to stay in the EU?

People vote on what affects them.. those that live inland, didn’t vote to leave for the sake of the British fishing fleet... though there was a large leave vote from areas where immigration affects their lives, such as Boston in Lincolnshire..

Brexit hasn't happened yet. After a year there is still no idea what shape it is going to take. Businesses are busy in the background making their plans to set up elsewhere in Europe.

Still, I suppose we can all eat fish and nothing else.

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:26 am 

Quote:
That is perhaps the key reason why the country has become more Eurosceptic. Even now, after four years of low-to-no growth, we are a more economically confident nation than we were in the 1970s. For Britain, continental Europe no longer looks like a model to follow. Delors-style regulation has on the whole produced fewer jobs and lower growth than British-style deregulation. Throughout the past decade, as the EU charged on blindly expanding its powers, even “good Europeans” such as Ireland, the Netherlands and even France started rejecting its treaties and constitutions in referendums.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldn ... wrong.html

That was from 2012. [adrian.gif]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:06 pm 
Odin

Tabby Cat wrote:
tiggy wrote:
Tabby Cat wrote:
tiggy wrote:

Brexit hasn't happened yet. After a year there is still no idea what shape it is going to take. Businesses are busy in the background making their plans to set up elsewhere in Europe.

Still, I suppose we can all eat fish and nothing else.

Fish... beef, chicken.. they’re all reared here in Britain, or haven’t you watched Countryfile..

.. and Brexit is happening...

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:58 pm 
Person of Interest

"" and Brexit is happening.""

Sure is! Blair and Jeremy and their friends are seeing to that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

Makes me laugh all the scaremongering I read in the British press. Yesterday it was driving licenses not being valid in Europe and youd have to apply for special permission if you want to drive through France. I mean to say, british driving licenses are valid in every country in the world and now all of a sudden Europes going to ban you :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Todays funny story is RyanAir boss threatening to ground his planes to teach you all a lesson and he'll not be happy until he forces everyone to vote the way he wants you to. The blokes an idiot if he thinks that's going to work.

It just goes to show though that while the remainers persist in claiming the british public were lied to they're pretty good at conjuring up a few lies and tricks themselves.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:21 pm 

If RyanAir refuse to fly who cares [shrug65465.gif]
Low cost airlines are 10 a penny these days. [rofl02.gif]

After Donald Tusk said he wants to allow banks accesses to eu market in return for fishing rights :rolleyes:
The EU got no idea on the mood of the UK public. We hate the banks and the EU controlling fish prices within the UK is unbelievable [9n5.gif]

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3