PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: A STEWARDS TALE.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:51 pm 
King cosy

ID not been a steward for a few years,so i had to get used to some changes.at one time you just turned up,gave a name grabbed a coat,got your spot,end of game give coat back got paid and off you went,but times change as do grounds,so it was an early 5pm start for me and my mates joe and tommy,as we had to fill in forms,give bank details etc,then our induction started,so then the cheif steward gave us a tour around the ground pointing out things,after that we went to get our coats,that was a long wait as we werent the only newbies,they seemed to have run out of coats,but no fear as i was given a yellow one the kind supervisors where,after that me and a few of the lads nipped out for a much needed fag,talking to other stewards i got some good news and bad,the good news was the wage was 35q not 25 q the bad was you dont get paid for about 6 weeks,well you get paid you just have to wait so then it was back to get our spots,and i got a slice of luck i was given a great spot right at the top of the stand great view and piss easy,nobody bothered me,well only 2 minor things some bird asked me where her seat was i didnt know the layout so i said its on your ticket,she said but i havent been in this stand before,er me neither but i found it,other thing was the derby players were doing shots in the warm up,now they were either doing it on purpose or they were crap they kept firing into the crowd one bloke got sort of hit on the head as he was reading his mag oh how we laughed,but he was ok one shot broke a seat so i left it for a s/visor to sort it out another bloke gave me a break for 10 mins so i thought right i will nip out for a fag and this is where i met my first jobsworth,you cant go out that gate,who said? ive been told not to let anybody out,yeh well im a s/visor so fck off,after that it was just a case of waiting for the final whistle,take our coats back after the crowd was gone,there was another long queue which was a bit of a worry as the off licence shuts at half ten,but no worries my m8 said iwill hand it in
and that was that all over for two weeks
p.s i made the shop with 5 mins to spare.

Post subject: Re: A STEWARDS TALE.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:52 pm 
Site Admin

other thing was the derby players were doing shots in the warm up,now they were either doing it on purpose or they were crap they kept firing into the crowd

:biggrin:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:50 pm 
King cosy

blackpool v ipswich 10/9/11

well it was another early start as to be a steward these days you have to complete a nvq course.so i was there at ten,course is supposed to be 2 hours but we finished early,so with time on my hands till i was needed at 1pm,i decided to try to interview blackpools catering lad,so heres how it went.
KYRAN BRADDLE.
JUST A BRIEF HISTORY OF YER MAN KYRAN
early in his reign as blackpool manager,ian holloway stunned football when he launched a shock swoop at deepdale to pick up prestons teenage catering sensation kyran braddle. according to those who had watched him in action braddle was very much the spotty faced,slack jawed burger bar lad blackpool signed the 16 year old for a 7 figure sum beleived to be in the region of £7,braddle put pen to paper at bloomfield road and was promply loaned out to a hot dog concession at fleetwood town "holloway said we feel this will be of greater benefit to his football catering education than standing round the background at blackpool leaning on a mop and dreaming about christine aguilera,i asked for his views on the deal that could make him a millon aire by the time he was 857,braddle stared blankly at me for several minutes before replying yer wot?
end of interview
i shall be back next week with more stewards tales
bye.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:04 pm 
King cosy

blackpool v cardiff 17/9/11
not much to report today tbh another early start cos of this nvq thing we did a literacy and numeracy test boring!!! but my nxt door neighbour was funny,anne marie,she is a lez and kept trying to chat up this female s/visor that was helping out with the course,id actually walked down with her to the ground at 9.30 she didnt get there till 5 past ten as she had to pick up her methadone,match fizzled out to a one all draw and that was it really
i shall be back with more tales on the 1st october when i will be stewarding at the bristol city game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:42 pm 
King cosy

stewards tale match 4
well nice sunny day,but the heavy coats we wear dont do us any favours.
some people were wearing bibs but theyd all gone when i got back from my break altho i got a free bottle of water.
we always have a briefing before the game,things like its a cat A match its being policed (less money for us) how many away tickets have been sold etc,then we get allocated our spots,and to my horror i found i was being moved,as they were short elsewhere,i wasnt surprised i was moved because for some reason bpool employ preston stewards at the away endso cos they all know each other,they chose me cos im the only bpool steward
why i said to my horror is cos the spot where i stand is right at the top and nobody can sneak up behind me,so i can listen to my mini radio and h/phonesto the football in peace,city were away at blackburn today and i had it tuned into radio lancs,but alas to no avail,i got moved to the main stand but it wasnt so bad as i got one of the entry/exits tunnels with my mate tommy at ground level,so still a good view.

pre match mike melody walked past me for those of you who dont know mike he is the 60 yr old long haired one from that auction programme mins

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:45 pm 
King cosy

re: up above i was cut off im only 3/4 of the way through any advice?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:54 pm 
Everybody/s Fool

How long were you typing for? I seem to recall fast saying once that you only get a set amount of time (can't remember what it was) to write/post your message. I do my big stuff on word documents, then copy and paste it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:12 pm 
King cosy

ah ok jb ta i will just put part 2 on from where i finished,ive had this problem with some of my longer poems,altho some ppl seem to be able to write monologues as long as your arm?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:44 pm 
King cosy

sat 22/10/11
blackpool 1 forest 2
well quite an interesting day,i was back in my usual spot,52 flights up right at the back,id thrown a sickie on tues,due to the city match,im normally in position at 1,30 pm,and then at 3pm i was asked to do everybodys breaks so they can have 10 mins,i enjoy doing this cos you get different views. and it was a lovely sunny day,anyway sad thing happened about 2,45 a bloke came up and asked me where row p was
said this is row z there all marked so go 12 rows down so i was watching him and all of a sudden he stumbled bang all the way to the bottom i rushed down the stairs waving to paras on the way,he was in a bad way i thought he was dead,but he was unconcious,they are concrete steps there was claret everywhere a woman was sick it looked like his nose was badly broken,teeth on the floor forehead cut to ribbons glasses smashed,anyway they carried him out on a stretcher,im not sure how he is,well thats it till nov 5th when pool play millwall eeek i bet they be fireworks that match in more ways than one.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:55 pm 
Anarchist !

I actually thought there was a game on in bloomfield road last saturday cosy.. with the sheer volume of human traffic.. I know the Edl had a meeting at Yates.couldnt move for the ugly bastirds.So we headed up central, which was as bad. popped into the pump but that too was full up to the rafters so we called a cab and the taxi driver said he had never seen Blackpool so busy in many years.This was like how i remember it as a child :) Back to south shore, lovely steak tea then a pub to watch the x factor, which i made was pure accident :) ( tommy ducks) then oopt tit duple :)

[ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next