PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 23
 [ 224 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: World Cup 2018
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:19 pm 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 18220
Location: Valhöll
ITV pundits reckon the team put out today against Nigeria, could be the starting line-up for the first game of their World Cup campaign against Tunisia...

No midfield to speak of... Ashley Young out of position too many times and too predictable on the edge of their 18 yard box. Raheem Sterling, up to his old tricks of throwing himself on the floor, instead of actually trying to compete for the ball and scoring. Trying to score, when there were better options..

Never been a fan of forwards as team captains, as their focus is never on the team.. Kane isn’t a team player.

Pundits have tried to liken the “young lions” to Joachim Löw’s German side that brought the team many successes... what a joke..

We’ll finish behind Belgium in the group and get thumped in the next round...

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup 2018
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:37 pm 
Offline
Wooden Spoon

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:13 pm
Posts: 10060
Don't be a pessimist, I'm sure you'll win it.. If the Germans, Brazilans, Tallies, Argies and Spaniards come down with food poisoning.. Scots should have been there, we were so unlucky...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup 2018
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:27 pm 
Offline
Curly Perm
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:25 am
Posts: 3738
Location: The Pool Of Life
Bad Manners wrote:
Don't be a pessimist, I'm sure you'll win it.. If the Germans, Brazilans, Tallies, Argies and Spaniards come down with food poisoning.. Scots should have been there, we were so unlucky...


It's just as well that Scotland isn't in the running then BM isn't it, because the last time you lot got anywhere near, you ended up printing stamp's and everything, even started chanting at all of your matches that........ ''we'll really sake em up when we win the world cup''. [001_tt2.gif] [adrian.gif] [giggle.gif] [thumbsup.png] [001_tt2.gif]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup 2018
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:15 am 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 18220
Location: Valhöll
Scouse wrote:
Bad Manners wrote:
Don't be a pessimist, I'm sure you'll win it.. If the Germans, Brazilans, Tallies, Argies and Spaniards come down with food poisoning.. Scots should have been there, we were so unlucky...


It's just as well that Scotland isn't in the running then BM isn't it, because the last time you lot got anywhere near, you ended up printing stamp's and everything, even started chanting at all of your matches that........ ''we'll really sake em up when we win the world cup''. [001_tt2.gif] [adrian.gif] [giggle.gif] [thumbsup.png] [001_tt2.gif]

Ally’s tartan army.... what ever did happen to him... :think:

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup 2018
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:37 am 
Offline
Nip and Nap
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm
Posts: 12356
tiggy wrote:
ITV pundits reckon the team put out today against Nigeria, could be the starting line-up for the first game of their World Cup campaign against Tunisia...

No midfield to speak of... Ashley Young out of position too many times and too predictable on the edge of their 18 yard box. Raheem Sterling, up to his old tricks of throwing himself on the floor, instead of actually trying to compete for the ball and scoring. Trying to score, when there were better options..

Never been a fan of forwards as team captains, as their focus is never on the team.. Kane isn’t a team player.

Pundits have tried to liken the “young lions” to Joachim Löw’s German side that brought the team many successes... what a joke..

We’ll finish behind Belgium in the group and get thumped in the next round...


Yup!

_________________
Image

Image

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup 2018
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts: 3926
Location: Fuckinstain
I'm not investing in the world cup this time. We always get our hopes up and see our dream died on 60 inch tv screen [adrian.gif]

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup 2018
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:26 pm 
Offline
Well HELLOOOOO!

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:35 pm
Posts: 4938
Oh I dunno... England should qualify from the group. After that it's one of either Poland, Senegal, Colombia or Japan. Nothing to fear from any of these.
Come through that and it's quarter finals time. Ok so then you're probably looking at Brazil or Germany. But who knows if a decent start to it all injects momentum into a young unburdened team? There's always one nation that exceeds expectations... Is it to be England (at last) when (Oh the irony) the least is expected of them?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup 2018
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:11 pm 
Offline
Odin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Posts: 18220
Location: Valhöll
So... second in group, Poland 2-1 England, Sterling sent off for diving..

_________________
Don't like me... that's a shame

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup 2018
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline
Well HELLOOOOO!

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:35 pm
Posts: 4938
tiggy wrote:
So... second in group, Poland 2-1 England, Sterling sent off for diving..

Oh ye of little faith [spank.gif]
Although I can't say I blame you tbh :rolleyes:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: World Cup 2018
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:00 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:47 pm
Posts: 40455
Location: Next pub on the left
There's more atmosphere at Elland Road tonight than I've ever seen at Wembley.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 23
 [ 224 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson. Stone textures by Patty Herford.
With special thanks to RuneVillage


Templatesdragon  styles collection