PATS CHAT

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Video Assistant Referee
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:14 pm 
Odin

.. really came of age last night at Anfield... and has taken some real stick.

Firstly, Pardew decided against taking a tuition on the system and before half time, surely regretted it. A goal ruled out, for offside and a penalty given... though missed. Pardew (and half the West Brom team) gesticulating, ranting at the fourth official. The truth was there, clear and on TV... all that’s fine.. but it was the waiting. Was it a goal? Wasn’t it? It wasn’t like the ref walked over to the linesman, before pointing to the centre circle... first he’s chatting away to someone miles away, through an earpiece... before drawing an imaginary TV screen, then headed off to the touch line.. way too long a process..

This has the potential to ruin the atmosphere of many a game..

I'll need a moment to recover from the tragedy..

Post subject: Re: Video Assistant Referee
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:14 pm 
Nip and Nap

Surely it exists to make be ured the right decisions are made? It hgasnt ruined rugby or cricket, just adds to the excitement.

"I may have laughed last, but I'm laughing the longest and loudest." Tabby Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:08 pm 
Odin

Tabby Cat wrote:
Surely it exists to make be ured the right decisions are made? It hgasnt ruined rugby or cricket, just adds to the excitement.

Not really and on the couple of occasions I’ve seen it used, excitement wasn’t the word I’d use.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

I've not yet watched a match where its been used so cant comment too much just yet. But from what I've heard to date I reckon this system is being used incorrectly.
At the moment its down to the referee to decide if hes made a mistake or not and down to him to double check using VAR.
But it shouldn't be down to him, he should be left to referee the game as normal and only when he makes a mistake should the VAR system get in touch and notify him. It'd then save all this fannying around and waiting while the ref checks things out.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:35 pm 
Odin

Back in the day (2017), referees went to their linesmen.. and took their advice. Ten seconds later.. all sorted.

What we have here is, failure to communicate.. or something like that (thank you, Strother). Where VAR is to be used in certain circumstances, we had a West Brom player, sat on his arse in the centre force, playing chirades (it’s a TV programme (the gesture, not the game show)), because he’d been fairly tackled, but wanted another look..

.. but what if it had been a foul and the ref had missed it... and Liverpool has gone on to score..

Well, aside from me jumping off the sofa (and scarring the shit out of the dogs), Pulis would have been Puce, or another red colour.. and the fourth official would have been changing the channel on the VAR..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:18 pm 
King cosy

so er what about bernado silvas non goal then?
and what about cardiffs thuggish tactics,esp Bennett
fck Cardiff,fck colin w*nker aka neil Warnock,fck that bald headed tw@t of a ref mason he should never be allowed to ref again he allowed the brutality
I was watching colin w@nker pre match and he said witth a glint in his eye oh there will be a bit of devilment that's for sure

well what sort of manager is he then?
well you know weve got no chance of winning against this lot so lets kick them off the park lads

some viewers may have found the 2nd half boring but I know why the city players were trying to save their careers against animals
I laughed at that Cardiff "player"! ralls whos sole duty was to end de bruynes career,but our kev was a bit to smart and quick for him
then he got the hook
and that fckn Bennett an admitted rag fan has been apologising to us on blue moon saying Leroy was just to fast for me and I mistimed my tackle
fck off you lying barstard
I want my club out of the fa cup fck it
playing cloggers oh and look who weve got next in the fa cup a trip to the land that time forgot.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:52 pm 
Odin

Stonewall penalty... Joel Matip dragged down when he had a clear header on goal... referee waved it away and refused the VAR...

What’s the point in this system if a clear penalty like this isn’t reviewed...

[ 7 posts ]